Executive Vacancy at Fosad Consulting
Posted on: 23 April, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Building / Construction
View All Jobs at Fosad Consulting
Our client, a major player in the construction industry is looking to hire a vastly experienced and registered quantity surveyor with a flair for research to fill the role of Director of Studies and Research (DOS & R).
- The director of studies (DOS) is the pivotal department of the academy.
- The director shall be accountable and report in respect of all his/her duties to the director general.
- The DOS shall be responsible for the development and delivery of all academic and training programmes offered by the academy. He shall undertake all academic planning and training schedule for all courses. He shall see to appropriate development of all curricula and study packs for all courses offered by the Academy.
- In particular, the directorate shall be responsible for identifying, designing and delivery of the various specializations to be introduced and successfully marketed in the Quantity Surveying training in Nigeria in the first instance and beyond the Nigerian geographical boundaries in the long run.
- The DOS shall be responsible, in association with the Director of Research, for the publication of research products, professional development publication, and other relevant issues pertaining to the Quantity Surveying profession.
- The DOS shall be responsible for the assessment and submission for approval of the certification of the candidate on the various programmes and specializations being offered by the academy.
Within the research portfolio, the Director of Studies and Research shall:
- Be responsible for all market data collection and analyses with regards to all courses offered by the academy
- Conduct quality assurance, customer satisfaction, demand prospect and performance standards investigations and evaluation in respect of all courses.
- Analyze the performance standards of all course participants as well as the performance of NIQS and QSRBN professional examinations and propose adjustments for better performance at examinations and in practice.
- Propose research studies for the Academy which would expand the horizon of the profession, not only the professional base, but also an intellectual field.
- Above all, the Director of studies and research carry out other duties assigned by the Director General.
- A registered Quality Surveyor with a minimum of 10 years post-registration experience.
- Minimum academic qualification at M.SC. level in Quality Surveying or a related discipline.
- A proven interest in academics and research works
- Must be conversant with the principles of Curriculum development and Management.
- Versatile and keen on observing and developing new competencies for the QS profession
- Possession of an accredited qualification in at least one other unrestricted construction industry proficiency or discipline (e.g. ADR, Facility Management, etc.) will be added advantage
- Must be proficient in computer usage
- Should be available to commence work immediately.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply on SmartRecruiters
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Fosad ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Latest Recruitment at a Leading Facility Management Company - Alexander Nelson
- Business Development Officers at Proportion Construction & Dredge Works Nigeria Limited
- Secretary at an Architectural Firm - Simeons Pivot Resources
- Engineers at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Job Openings at DO.II Designs Ltd.(Updated)
- Latest Vacancies at Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services
- Facility Managers at Alpha Mead Facilities
- Driver To General Manager at DO.II Designs Ltd