The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for a Purchasing Officer (ICT Buyer). This positionis local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Department: Finance (Purchasing & Procurement)
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Purchase Officer (ICT Inclined)) is charged with the responsibility of evaluating suppliers based on price, quality and delivery speed. He/She shall analyze price proposal, financial reports and other information to determine reasonable prices. The duties shall include but not limited to writing specifications, preparing bid forms and handling bidding processes, analyze ICT and financial bid results and makes recommendations and awards; process purchase orders; reviews requisitions for completeness, accuracy and risk management; prepares and maintains purchasing monthly reports relevant for decision making in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• A master’s degree or good first degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline from a recognized tertiary institution.
• A minimum of three years post NYSC experience in purchasing a variety of general and specialized ICT items, shipping and receiving, and basic accounting, preferably for Corporations/Companies.
• Experience of working in an Academic environment is highly beneficial
• Should possess strong organizational and people skills
• Should possess Strong written and oral communications skills
• Should be proficient in the use of Information and Communications Technology tools and e-resources.
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
• Ability to learn and interpret difficult and complex technical rules, regulations and instructions.
• Ability to write specifications, prepare bid documents, handle bidding process and analyze all bid results.
• Ability to analyze understands and negotiates legal contracts and forms.
• Ability to perform detailed work related to purchasing with judgment, accuracy, confidentiality and promptness
• Ability to maintain and prepare records, files and reports.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, follow and give oral and written directions.
• Ability to understand basic negotiation techniques for items of low value
• Ability to use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether processes or events comply with guidelines, regulations or purchasing standards
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
• Ability to use basic accounting/business math to solve problems
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Method of Application
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at www.americanuniversitynigeria.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.