FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
- The IDIQ (Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity Contract) Project Director/Chief of Party leads the project and is responsible for achieving the project’s vision and strategy, directing the project technical team, and managing critical relationships with national and international partners and other key stakeholders.
- The COP has overall programmatic and fiscal responsibility for the project, including achieving project results, effectively communicating accomplishments, making financial reports, and ensuring compliance with all US government and the organization’s regulations.
- Provide overall leadership and management of a five-year, $225M project to support improvements in reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health (RMNCH) outcomes in Nigeria.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
Vision and Strategy:
- Provide overall vision, strategic leadership and planning, and guidance to project, including technical direction, quality assurance, and overall accountability for achieving project results as specified by USAID/Nigeria and each Task Order
- Serve as primary liaison with USAID, other donors, government and other stakeholders and USAID implementing partners
- Oversee Task Order technical responses and state implementation in collaboration with Task Order Key Personnel, ensuring strategic and functional integration of all technical areas as well as strong collaboration with State and LGA public and private sector actors and civil society organizations
- Provide leadership to project teams, ensuring clarity over plans and priorities and encouraging effective teamwork.
- Responsible for meeting all contractual deliverables and obligations
- Maintain financial accountability.
- Ensure that project resources are utilized in accordance with applicable FHI 360 and USAID policies and procedures.
- Oversee production of timely and accurate financial and programmatic reporting to USAID and FHI 360 as required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Minimum requirement: post-graduate degree in International Health, Social Sciences, Management or related discipline
- Demonstrated progressive relevant professional experience leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national/international in scope
- Strong management capacity and ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously as well as demonstrated ability to deliver on results
- Prior work experience in Africa, preferably Nigeria
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with host country governments, donors, civil society and private business to move the program forward and leverage resources
- Contracting experience and familiarity with IDIQ contracting mechanism
- Prior experience with USAID-funded projects or similar international donor funded programs
- History of productive involvement with governmental health systems, processes and service delivery models
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills to plan, organize, and manage resources for successful completion of projects
- Ability to motivate, influence, and collaborate with others
- Ability to build positive working relationships with local communities, state and local government officials, donor representatives, private sector, NGOs.
Method of Application
To apply, visit FHI 360 Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale