Job Vacancy at PageOmni Technology Limited
Posted on: 21 April, 2016
Deadline: 10 May, 2016
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at PageOmni Technology Limited
PageOmni Technology Limited - A software development, Web Development and IT Consulting company, requires the services of a qualified candidate to fill the position below.
- The video editor is responsible for assembling recorded raw material into a finished product that's suitable for broadcasting.
- The material may include camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects.
- This is a key role in the post-production process and the editor skills can determine the quality and delivery of the final product.
- He or she will usually work closely with the Executive producer / Production assistant and the Programs manager to achieve the desired end result.
- Digital technology, specialist computer software and high-quality digitization of sound and pictures have effectively replaced the traditional manual method of cutting film.
- In some instances the video editor may be given creative freedom, while in others he or she will be required to just operate the necessary machines.
- Assembling all raw footage, with camera shots either recorded or transferred onto digital files in preparation for inputting into the computer;
- Inputting uncut rushes and sound, and synchronising and storing them into files on the computer;
- Digitally cutting the files to put together the sequence of the film and deciding what is usable;
- Creating a 'rough cut' (or assembly edit) of the programme/film and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages;
- Reordering and tweaking the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video.
- Ability to understand and work from a shot list, script, or screenplay.
Additional tasks may include:
- Overseeing the quality and progress of audio and video engineering and editing;
- Experimenting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements;
- Writing voiceover/commentary;
- Suggesting or selecting music.
- The video editor may also carry out online editing duties which involve finalising technical aspects such as correcting faulty footage, grading and colouring, and adding special effects.
- There could be a need to work long or irregular hours. Work may need to be carried out on location.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have a high level of technical expertise.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a video editing role.
- Must have worked in a media house before.
- Must have an online video editing skill.
- A Keen eye for detail
- Must be a good team player
- Must be very creative
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications and CVs to email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about PageOmni Technology LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Career Opportunity at QuintilesIMS
- Ongoing Technology Recruitment at 25th & Staffing
- Partner Business Manager at Hewlett Packard (HP)
- Career Opportunity at Ecolab
- Career Opportunities at Human Edge Limited
- Job Openings at Dream Mesh
- Technical Manager at UNITeS Cisco Networking Academy
- Career Opportunities at MTN Nigeria