Graduate Job Placement at British American Tobacco
Posted on: 21 April, 2016
Deadline: 26 April, 2016
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at British American Tobacco
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
Job purpose and key deliverables
- To ensure that Quality measurements are taken, analysed, trended and reported so that timely accurate and relevant Quality data can be issued to customers and business management
- To develop, implement and maintain work instructions, test methods and calibration in compliance with ISO 9001 – 2008 and other BATN documented procedures
- Understand basics and fundamental of Tobacco processing in primary and secondary manufacturing departments
- Implement quality assurance standards.
- Liaise with the Quality Manager/supervisor/Team leaders regarding all issues of quality.
- Carry out investigative studies to understand and improve production process parameters.
- Participate in knowledge , process and procedure review session organised by Team Leaders / supervisors
- Identify training needs of self to help drive effectiveness and improved quality of work.
- Conform to the laboratory working standards.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance to all protocols for FPI-X and Q2.
- Ensure all non-conformances and quality related issues are documented and reported to the quality manager, supervisor and all relevant stake holders.
- Ensure proper use of all relevant test equipment
- Ensure 100% data accuracy in all quality function records.
- Ensure timely collection of all samples in line with protocol and preparation of reports
- Review and Authenticate accuracy of reports and data collected during the shift period by the end of shift.
- Strive to reduce non-conformance by prompt intervention, advise and collaboration with manufacturing personnel
- Comply to EMS requirement by continuously reducing impact of our aspect and improving environmental performance
- Provide equipment performance report/ feedback to instrumentation technician.
- Able to plan, organise and deliver results in time to meet deadline
- Passion for excellence and adherence to standards, process and procedure
- Ensure compliance with British American Tobacco EMS & Environmental Health and Safety guidelines for all Quality Assurance activities.
- Maintain at all times, a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- Ensure that set departmental and company objectives are adhered to.
- Able to communicate timely feedback in a constructive & simple manner.
- Be proactively involved in continuous improvement initiatives drive for change in all processes in and around the manufacturing settings.
- Attend and participate actively in all team, departmental and cross functional meetings
- Minimum of OND in Science Field with Chemistry, Mathematics or Statistics as a major study area
- Has knowledge required doing assigned audits and tasks within functional area
- May have advanced specialty education and training, and / or on-the-job experience.
- Knowledge of factory processes and procedures.
- Functional knowledge of quality analysis tools( Pareto, Excel, Fishbone diagram 5 whys and SPC tool.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good reporting skills
- Effective adherence to quality sampling and evaluation in line with established guidelines, protocols and procedures
- Functional knowledge and use of QA systems (Equata, Vides, BO & Infosys)
- 100% Delivery of accurate data and information.
- Guide factory work force towards the application of quality best practice.
- 100% adherence to work instructions, procedures and product specifications
- Proactive and timely shift quality information communicated to team mates within Quality and the entire plant crew.
- Reduce waste and Non conformance through engagement and constant feedback to shop floor personnel.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit BAT Career Website
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about British American TobaccoSimilar Jobs
- Senior Procurement Specialist, Facilities and Engineering Services at Dangote Group
- Storekeeper at Giant Beverages Limited
- Retail Sales Representatives at Fairy Pasteries
- Personal Driver at Technoglass Industries Limited
- Store Keeper at Emerald Food & Beverages Company Ltd
- Sales Vacancies at CWAY Group
- Latest Jobs at Triton International Company Limited
- Accounts Payable Officer at Fan Milk Plc