Universal Careers is a Human Resource agency founded to help exceptional candidates and international clients who are interested in living and working in the biggest economy in Africa - Nigeria.
Good clients and excellent candidates go hand in hand and the mix of the two is absolutely essential for success, it is all about people.
At Universal Careers we are a small team of industry specialists, who are servicing our clients with bespoke HR solutions. No two clients are the same, so our approach to each Client is unique. We have a large network of consultants all-over the world with whom we build teams depending on the client and the specific task at hand.
Our Client is a very well known company in Nigeria who recently diversified into Food and Beverages.
This is a highly strategic role where the ideal candidates will have great opportunities to utilise all the tools he/she has in the toolbox.
Its a young organisation where teams have to be build, relationships established and maintained within a short timeline.
The products are produced in Ibadan, from where they are distributed Nationwide.
The ideal candidate should have broad experience covering sales, marketing, HR, Finance, Production, Supply Chain and should have the ability to make it all melt together in a symbiotic relationship.
All Nationalities will be considered.
This role has the responsibility of managing the overall operations of the organisatiion. The major responsibilities includes:
• Provide leadership and direction in all functions of the company;
• Formulate and execute company's strategic plan;
• Establish and lead execution of operation strategy
• Set and achieve key performance targets for: sales, delivery, cost, expenses and other measurements of operational performance;
• Support and lead company products sales, growth and continuous cost & quality improvements in the business;
• Manage all sales related activities covering setting and strictly monitoring of sales targets and ensures accurate delivery of products in all sales channels;
• Minimizes sales returns/damaged goods and short expiry goods by monitoring returns, developing a depletion plan and avoiding overstocking the points of sales;
• Understand the risk associate with business including sales, operations, finance and people. Able to devise and implement plans to mitigate the risk for smooth process.
• Timely update and present competitors’ activities and provides market feed-back on new products, prices changes, new launches, etc to the top management.
• Communicate operational/sales results, activities, etc. to Executive Management and provide recommendations and plans for ongoing improvement
• Must have bachelors Degree from a recognized university
• At least 15 years of relevant experience. Strong knowledge of FMCG industry and experience in all the associated areas including general management finance, people management, administration etc
• Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams and get results through others
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities at a strategic and functional level
• Must be familiar with current trends, practices and metrics
• Knowledge of non-alcoholic beverages and tomatoes paste will be an added advantage
To apply, visit Universal Careers Website