Vacancy for HSE Manager at WTS Energy
Posted on: 2 October, 2012
Deadline: 2 October, 2012
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View Jobs posted same day
WTS Energy is a leading, globally operating, high level Manpower & Recruitment supply company to the international Oil, Gas & New Energy industry. Since 2000 we have served companies and consultants based on trust, high ethical standards and consistent service quality.
Find new vacancy below.
JOB TITLE: HSE Manager
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Description HSE Manager:
Oversee the Implementation of Company's HSE policies and programmes aimed at incident prevention, and to provide advisory support to all Department towards ensuring safe operation and industrial compliance.
Requirements HSE Manager
- Development/execution of annual corporate HSE programs
- Maintenance of auditable HSE statistics and implementation of relevant company Policies
- Coordination of periodic HSE audits of operations and closure of action points
- Production of departmental reports.
- Mentoring of HSE staff and serve as alternative to HOD at corporate HSE events.
- Company focal point on field HSE matters
- Efficient management of the department’s budget for safety/ Firefighting/pollution control equipment, environmental studies, personal Protective equipment etc
- Setting challenging goals for the department and drive achievement
- Development and implementation of programs to promote compliance with Company HSE policies rules and procedures, statutory regulations and industry Codes of practice
- Liaison with regulatory agencies, interpret existing statutory regulations and Advise company on potential impact of revisions/ emerging regulations on Operations
- Sponsor and participate in annual in-house HSE audit of company Operations/activities and coordinate close out of actions points generated
- Participate in third party HSE audits/reviews and coordinate timely close out of Recommendations
- Participate in facilities design reviews and Hazops
- Ensure auditable records of HSE statistics and periodically advise management On performance and immediate plans for continuous improvement
- Monitor conduct of regular HSE meetings, trainings and drills to promote awareness and preparedness
- B Sc (Science or Engineering)
- Certificate and/ or Diploma in Safety Management
- 10 years Minimum years of experience
- Sound knowledge of HSE-MS administration, HSE statutory regulations and applicable codes of practice.
- Cognate experience and management of HSE n the upstream sector of the oil and gas industry.
- Sound knowledge of Auditing, Environmental quality standards, Environmental laws regulations and permits processes
- Skilled Project management techniques, including business planning and evaluation
- Experience in facilities and operations auditing.
- Sound knowledge of Emergency Response Plans preparation and reviews.
- Team player; resourceful and compliance
Terms and Conditions HSE Manager
For this position preference will be given to Nigerian Nationals. In case expatriate candidates are selected, it is a prerequisite he/she is tasked to mentor and train a Nigerian understudy.
An International Oil Field Services Company.
Deadline: 27th November, 2012
Click here to APPLY
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Latest Recruitment at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Job Opportunity at WTS Energy
- Engineering Vacancy at JAGAL Group
- Latest Job Opportunities at AOS Orwell
- Finance Role in the Oil and Gas Industry - Adexen
- Job Vacancy at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Sales Job Vacancy in the Oil and Gas Industry - Michael Page
- Job Openings at Tsachal Limited