The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) - For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
Job Number: 495677
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
Purpose of the Position
The incumbent is accountable for fundraising and building education partnerships (public and private), working through networks (public and private), ensuring leveraging of funds to achieve results, identifying inequities and ensuring budgeted equity-based State level Education Sector Plans in focus states, accomplishment of programme outputs, develop quarterly budgets and reports, planning, monitoring and reporting as required of progress.
Key Expected Results
- Support to programs/projects development and planning
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to program implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Advanced university degree in development studies, education, economics, or a relevant related field. Postgraduate degree in communication and/or public policy are desirable
- Five years of professional work experience in policy advocacy/communication, partnership building, working through networks and resource mobilization to achieve results
- Technical knowledge and experience in Education; Primary Education, and/or Educational Planning
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization an asset. Experience in national level development assistance is an asset.
- Knowledge of the global commitment on aid effectiveness, including the Paris Declaration on Aid Effectiveness, the Accra Agenda for Action as well as knowledge of the Global Programme Partnerships (GPPs).
- Leadership in identifying, encouraging and mentoring capable women.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and inclusion
- Working with people
- Drive for results
- Leading and supervising
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Relating and networking
- Deciding and Initiating action
- Applying technical expertise
Method of Application
To apply, visit UNICEF Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.