Federal University Gusau is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions:
- Suitably qualified audit firms are to express interest for the purpose of auditing the 2014, 2015 and first quarter of 2016 accounts of the Federal University Gusau, Zamfara State.
Scope of Work/ Services
- To carry out auditing work in accordance with guidelines in Nigerian Universities.
- To provide full statutory Report of the annual financial statement of the University.
- To carry out the work in strict compliance with the acceptable accounting and auditing standards and in accordance with professional practice.
- Company profile and key personnel including their professional qualifications and experience.
- Evidence of Registration or Renewal of Registration with Office of the Auditor General of the Federation.
- Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
- Evidence of three (3) years tax clearance certificate.
- Evidence of membership of accounting professional bodies.
- Evidence of Registration with Bureau for Public Procurement.
- Court Affidavit that none of the partners are bankrupt.
- A licence to practice Accountancy issued by Registered Chartered Accountancy body, ICAN/ANAN.
- Evidence of Pension Remittance Certificate.
- Evidence of Payment of Industrial Training Fund.
- Availability to commence work.
- Expected audit fee (negotiable) based on scale of fees issued by ICAN and ANAN.
- List of similar work done with dates and places for the last three (3) years. Such works should be verifiable.
Applicants should send their applications and CV's to:
Federal University Gusau,
go to method of application »
- The Director of Physical Planning Works and Maintenance shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the administration of Physical Planning Works and Maintenance Department.
- He/She shall be responsible for all works, services and maintenance of University facilities, and implementation of the master plan.
- He/she is also expected to carry out other duties as may be assigned from lime to time by regulatory agencies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates are required to have at least a good University degree in either Architecture, Quantity/Land Surveying, Town Planning, Civil/Structural/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Building Technology, Estate Management etc., from a reputable, recognized tertiary educational institution.
- Applicant for the position of Director, Physical Planning Works and Maintenance must have at least 15 years post qualification cognate working experience in a University or other tertiary educational institutions.
- Possession of relevant higher degrees or postgraduate professional qualifications in the appropriate field is an added advantage.
- Candidates should possess relevant professional qualifications and a full membership of ARCON, NIQS, NITP, MNSE, COREN, COBOL, NISV etc.
- Candidates should reach a minimum post of managerial level in his/her current post in public or its equivalent in the private sector.
- A basic knowledge of the Nigerian Universities System and project management methods with basic knowledge in computer/ICT operating systems will he an added advantage.
- The candidate should not he older than 65 years by 1st August, 2016 and must be of good physical and mental health.
Condition of Service
The conditions of service and salaries are as obtainable in Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined by the University Governing Council. The appointment is for a period of five years as stipulated in the University Laws and Regulations.
Applicants are required to forward their typed applications in 30 copies with photocopies of their certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae, giving the following details among others:
- Marital Status,
- Educational Institutions attended with dates.
- Academic, Professional and other qualifications obtained with dates,
- Working experience (i.e posts held, duration and salary earned) and Publications (if any) to:
Federal University Gusau,
- Applicants should send the names of the three (3) referees, at least two (2) of them should be competent to attest to the candidates’ professional/academic standing and character. Candidates should request their referees to send their confidential reports direct to the address above.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged