Job Vacancy at Maersk Nigeria
Posted on: 2 October, 2012
Deadline: 5 October, 2012
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View Jobs posted same day
With over 108,000 employees and offices in 130 countries, Maersk has the scope to help you achieve even your most ambitious career goals. From shipping and energy to retail, our diversified activities enable us to offer attractive career paths for generalists and specialists alike.
JOB TITLE: VESSEL PLANNER - APM Terminals, Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria
APM Terminals is one of the largest container terminal operators in the world. The diverse portfolio includes substantial interests in more than 40 ports around the globe. We continue to actively develop and invest in new projects and opportunities in ports and terminal management. In terms of the future, we are determined to stay at the forefront of our industry by providing value-adding e-business solutions, customer relations management and innovative use of technologies.
APM Terminals commenced operations in Nigeria in March, 2006. Apapa is Nigeria's largest port and contains a number of wharfs. To date, the staff comprises over 900 highly skilled and motivated foreign and local staff. We stand for operational excellence – from modern equipment, facilities, advanced technology and proven processes and terminal management. We are currently looking for an individual who share our commitment to providing services that are second-to-none.
- Take ownership and maintain ownership of vessels under your control and be a focal point when and during the vessel operation.
- Ensure efficient and high productive planning with due consideration to the vessel stability and safety during discharge and load operation.
- Constant dialogue with the vessel supervisors / shift managers on the operational progress and exchange of information as required.
- Take responsibility for providing the relevant information about crane sequence, vessel’s discharge and load to the vessel, submit shift requirements on timely fashion, and to the vessels agent which has to be absolute precise and error free. This Position reports to Planning Supervisor
- Liaise with the line in having the MOVINS received within the dead lines as stipulated.
- Prepare, execute, and monitor working cranes program / sequence in executing the vessel’s discharge and load plans.
- Prepare the required set of documents and handed over to execution, neat and error free.
- Manage and control the execution of the vessel operation.
- Focusing on the optimal equipment deployment and utilization.
- Filing and housekeeping of planning related papers in accordance with the Standard operating procedures ( SOP’s ). Maintain that all vessels receive the final paper work in a timely manner.
- Meet the vessel C/off on arrival and provide loading plans and obtain approval well in time. Coordinating with the lines for any major changes requested by the vessel.
- During the operation close monitoring of the vessel and advice Shift Manager of any required adjustments to crane, sequence, crane allocations, etc in accordance with the changing work priorities.
- Participate in close team work with the yard planners to ensure an effective overall terminal planning is maintained to high standards internally and externally.
- Close monitoring of the live updates in the system during discharge and loading operation thro LXE’s. If in case where LXE’s fail ensure that the manual updates are received on time to timely updates.
- Preparation and distribution of final stow plan documentation (hard copy or EDI) for vessel and lines upon completion of operation.
- Upon completion of operation have the vessel files closed immediately and send out the post ops file to the agents.
- Undertake all and any related vessel duties within the capabilities as required
- Preparation and execution of vessel discharge and load sequence to support high productivity per quay crane operation, whilst ensuring that all the times the highest productivity to be achieved and sustained.
- Due to the rapid expected growth of APMT, has to make sure to educate, train and develop the new planners and make sure to transfer knowledge, skills and experience. Understand the necessity of team work.
- Compliance with the shift system and understand the criticality of execution and planning during the shift hand over
- Looking ahead and communicating with the Lines for all information including data transfers and vessel berthing if there be any delays due to the impact of any vessel working in the port.
- A truly international working environment in a modern working location
- Value and team-based leadership
- An open and engaging working environment
- A wide range of international career opportunities
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
- Competitive compensation packages
Click here to APPLY
Deadline: 5th October, 2012
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Career Opportunities at Russelsmith Group
- Human Resource Vacancy at Excel Professional Services - Oil and Gas Company
- Latest Recruitment at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Job Opportunity at WTS Energy
- Engineering Vacancy at JAGAL Group
- Latest Job Opportunities at AOS Orwell
- Finance Role in the Oil and Gas Industry - Adexen
- Job Vacancy at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited