An International Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the position of Administrative Specialist (Assistant-Level)
Position Start Date: Immediately
The Administrative Specialist (Assistant-Level) provides support to various administrative and human resources functions and performs a broad range of administrative, clerical and secretarial duties. This position will be based at the head office located in Abuja, with program activities expected to be carried out in the North Eastern states. Limited travel may be required.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Administrative Specialist (Assistant-Level) reports to the Human Resources & Administration Manager.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- With the guidance of HR & Admin Manager, maintain up-to date and accurate computer and hard copy personnel files, prepare job announcements/job descriptions, file documents in personnel files, conduct interviews, recruit staff, and facilitate new employee orientations and trainings.
- Handle general inquiries and requests for information and materials via email, mail and/or phone.
- Collect departmental updates for monthly organization report.
- Retrieve, log and sort resume inquiries.
- Assist in organizing training sessions and/or workshops.
- Manage and provide staff orientation; plan exit interviews.
- Ensure timely communication on employment changes i.e. resignations, terminations, leave applications, time sheets and other personal related information.
- Maintain employee telephone lists and floor map.
- Assist with ordering supplies and inventory management, as needed.
- Provide assistance with trip expense reports, photocopying, ordering reading and learning materials, as needed.
- Assist staff with mailing projects.
- Serve as main office point of contact for greeting and directing visitors
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- University degree in human resources, business administration, or related field is desired.
- Three years’ work experience in an office environment is required.
- Multi-tasking with positive attitude is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Experience in organizing and filing information is required.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Flexibility and ability to work in busy environment.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is preferred.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents to email@example.com before April 27, 2016:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities;
- A cover letter
Alternatively, Please Submit Applications to:
PO Box # 20350
ATTN: Human Resources Office
Abuja FCT, Nigeria.
Please reference the job title and location on the cover letter and resume or CV.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.