Latest Job Opportunity at Maersk
Posted on: 19 April, 2016
Deadline: 29 April, 2016
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at MAERSK
Damco is one of the world's leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freightforwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is part of the Maersk Group. More information about Damco can be found on www.damco.com.
Department: Supply Chain/Logistics Operations
The Area Program Manager(APM) has the Operational ownership of the area service delivery towards DPSA project and will be an 'Operational Excellence' ambassador.
1.Service delivery and customer satisfaction
- Maintain and improve customer satisfaction levels (NPS), internal measurement and visibility of operational performance.
- Development of Global and Regional standards and IOPs for DPSA project.
- Implement and verify implementation of cost reduction projects in the Damco delivery and support cost reduction projects in the customer supply chain.
2.Productivity and Profitability
- Support establishing a profitability baseline for the account on CM2 level
- Make expertise and knowledge available to Damco Operations and drive Operational Excellence through day-to-day execution and participation in inspirational workshops regionally and locally.
- Represent the account(s) during additional business implementations along with the implementation team.
- Ensure to maintain a Program Management and OPS team leader pipeline & have a succession plan in place.
- Be involved in objective setting & performance management of the operational team.
- Ensure to manage team also by providing recognition & feedback pro-actively.
4.Collaboration & community development
- Engage with Commercial and Operational experts on Global/Regional/Cluster level to explore new developments servicing the changes in customer demand.
- Participate in area / regional Program Management meetings, calls and share best practices pro-actively.
- Take ownership of customer initiated projects and ensure internal resourcing is appropriate to execute within the agreed timeline.
Who we are looking for
- Composure (high capacity for stress)
- Assertive/decisive and pro-active
- High sense of urgency and persistence
- Confidence in dealing with people and building relationships
- Ability to manage stakeholders on various levels in the organization
- Damco operational structure and functionality (systems, products)
- Continuous Improvement techniques and metric driven
- Outstanding verbal, writing and presentation skills
- Project Management and training skills
- Ability to organize and facilitate origin / vendor / customer workshops
3. Experience / Skills
- Bachelor Science degree preferably in Business / Logistics / Engineering
- 5+ years relevant experience with a proven track record in operational management (preferably from APMM)
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and influence decision makers
- Proven and sustained track record of delivery, with focus on driving results through others
- Experience of working with wide variety of complex operational and commercial challenges
- Exposure and understanding of Business Improvement / Lean tools
- Excellent communication and influence skills
- Ability to interface with local and regional management teams
- Being a team member supporting the global/regional/country teams proactively
- Becoming part of an exciting company that has a track record of strong performance and ambitious aspirations in a growing industry.
- Truly international working environment.
- Strong emphasis on value and team based leadership and an open and engaging company culture.
- Wide range of international career opportunities and lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Competitive compensation package
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply online on Maersk website
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about MAERSKSimilar Jobs
- Dispatch Riders at 24 hours Logistics and Deliveries
- Address Verification Officers at Southern Infinity Concepts Limited
- Marketing Executives at Daudeen Freight Forwarding Limited
- Van Sales Representatives at Flux Logistics Limited
- Freight & Forwarding Sales/Operations Officer at Prime Next Logistics Limited
- Marketing Executives at Daudeen Freight Limited
- Executive Assistant at Zippy Logistics
- Latest Vacancies at iSabiDelivery