Jobs in a Leading Commercial Bank
Posted on: 19 April, 2016
Deadline: 3 May, 2016
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View Jobs posted same day
A leading commercial Bank with National License, is seeking suitably qualified candidates to apply for the following vacant positions:
- The successful candidate and his team will be saddled with the responsibility of providing an independent assurance that the Bank’s risk management, governance and approved policies and processes ore operating effectively and complied with.
- He/She will develop a risk based strategy for the Internal Audit function of the Bank In line with global and industry best practices.
- The rote will require the successful candidate to oversee all audit functions including Information Systems Audit amongst others.
- Oversee the preparation and execution of a risk-based audit plan.
- Monitor the Banks compliance with all applicable regulations guiding its operations.
- Coordinate the design and execution of the Banks Annual Audit Calendar.
- Institutes internal audit framework and continuously evaluate the adequacy of these controls.
- Ensure periodic physical verification of fixed assets.
- Ensure violations of the Banks operational procedures are properly investigated and make recommendations on appropriate preventive/remedial actions.
- Coordinate the conduct of investigations into suspected fraudulent practices across the organisation and determine recommend She appropriate line of action.
- Continually review and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of policies, procedures and processes across the organisation and identity improvement opportunities,
- Participate in various committees or task forces geared to policy/procedure development and operational improvements.
- Provide an objective and evidence based annual opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of all aspects of The Banks governance, risk management and control measures.
- Promote the highest standards of ethics and standards across I he organisation based on the principles of integrity, objectivity, competence and confidentiality.
- Review significant partnership arrangements and major services provided by third parties and the controls in place to promote and protect the Bank’s interests.
- Assess whether lines of responsibility and assurance are clear.
- Prepare and present accurate internal audit reports for consideration of the Board Audit Committee and by extension the Board.
Minimum Qualification & Experience
- First degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline with higher qualification in Finance Management or Masters in Business Administration (MBA).
- A professional qualification is desirable (CISA, CPA, CAN, ACCA)
- Minimum often (10) years cognate experience in Financial Management/Accounting Function, 5 of which must be in a senior position within the Audit function.
go to method of application »
- The successful candidate is expected to oversee the implementation ot effective and efficient control techniques within the Bank shot will ensure compliance with policies, procedures and regulatory demands.
- Institute relevant processes at internal checks to ensure effective discharge of the control functions.
- Ensure optimal deployment of She control resources and timely resolution at human and material resource gaps across the group.
- Provide guidance and leadership to subordinates to ensure effective execution of the group’s activities through proper career planning, training and development programs.
- Ensure proper documentation of existing Internal Controls and Policies.
- Anchor the continuous review of all policies and procedure manuals to ensure that control measures effectively reflect the bank’s approval and set standards as well as current realities.
- Drive process improvement and optimization within the Internal Control space.
- Create, maintain and ensure implementation of risk control matrices and internal control test plans.
- Safeguard Assets and Liabilities (tangible and Intangible) of the bank and also curb income leakages.
- Institute and enforce aggressive Revenue Assurance and Cost Reduction Strategies tar the Bank.
- Ensure prompt detection and escalation of Control exceptions.
- Analyze reports and highlight trends and issues for management attention.
- Assess, analyze and measure risk relating to operational standard and make recommendation for policy amendments/process improvement based on emerging control issues and risks.
- Conduct first level investigation on frauds and forgeries including customers’ complaints and breach of policy and procedures with recommendations for Management action.
- Maintain an efficient working relationship with EFCC, NDLEA, CBN, NDIC and other regulatory agencies.
- Ensure that open items in the bank’s ledgers accounts are current and promptly resolved.
- Preparation of cost budget for the Control offices and ensure compliance with the same.
- Drive and provide adequate supervision of the Systems Control function at the bank.
- Identity instances of over and under control and provide management with a clear articulation of residual risks where existing controls are inadequate.
Minimum Qualification & Experience
- First degree or equivalent in Accounting. Finance or a related discipline with higher qualification in Finance, Management or Masters in Business Administration (MBA).
- Good experience in Internal Control and Banking Operations is desirable.
- A professional quantification is desirable (CISA, CFA, ICAN, ACCA)
- Minimum of ten (10) years cognate experience in Financial Management/Accounting Function, 5 of which must be in a senior position within the Audit function.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Information Technology Job Vacancy at AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited
- Graduate Customer Service Assurance Officers at a Financial Services Company - Workforce Group
- Job Vacancies at ARM Life Plc
- Job Opportunities at a Fast Growing Microfinance Bank
- Job Vacancies at Recruut
- Jobs at Credit Business Services Global Limited (CBS Credit)
- Job Opportunity at Regent Microfinance Bank Limited
- Legal Vacancy at Abbey Mortgage Bank