Job Vacancy in a Farming Organization
Posted on: 16 April, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View Jobs posted same day
Our client a farming organization with huge land and water resources is seeking a farm manager with experience at a reputable, large scale operation. The ideal candidate will have vast knowledge of animal husbandry, poultry and fish farming.
The ideal candidate will have vast knowledge of animal husbandry, poultry and fish farming.
- Assist in generating hatchery plans and budget inputs.
- Design and implement systems to efficiently manage labor and equipment
- Propose creative solutions to farming problems
- Generate new ideas for testing in our research program
- Work closely with Packing and quality management to produce the highest quality products.
- Conduct and manage all preparations.
- Follow and document planting plan.
- Generate accurate livestock survey and forecast.
- Help supervise harvesting.
- Help in quality control.
- Comply with all safety requirements.
- Maintain farm data for analysis
- Train and supervise the assistant growers.
- Conduct farm research
- The ideal candidate should have a B.S. or M.S. in Agronomy, Plant Science or Horticulture.
- 5 years poultry/fish farm/animal husbandry management experience. Large-scale agriculture.
- Mechanical knowledge and agricultural tools expertise.
- Ability to prepare daily written reports.
- Ability to manage assets - equipment, labor.
- Ability to budget, program, manage, schedule.
- Results oriented manager.
- Ability to plan ahead and to look at the whole picture.
- Bilingual English / Spanish is highly preferred
Method of Application
Suitably qualified candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with JOB TITLE AS SUBJECT.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Corporate Brand Officer at Saro Africa International
- Financial Controller- Farms at a Leading Agribusiness Company - ManpowerGroup Middle East
- Poultry Manager at Efugo Farms
- Job Vacancies at Welcome2Africa International
- Latest Job Openings at Tomato Jos
- Field Sales Representative – Animal Nutrition and Health Care Solutions at AMO Group
- Noiler Manager Rural Female Farmers Empowerment at AMO Group
- Production Technologists/Process Engineers at Aquada Development Corporation