African Sun Amber Residence situated in the Highbrow area of GRA Ikeja, Lagos, is one of the leading and fastest growing hotel and leisure groups in Africa with business and resort destinations throughout Ghana, Nigeria and Zimbabwe. From the world famous Victoria Falls Hotel, which is part of the leading hotels of the world to the Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza in Harare.
- Inform Guest of daily specials.
- Clean tables and after Guest have finished dining.
- Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for Guest, and chill bottles of wine.
- Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
- Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning desserts, and brewing coffee.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Garnish and decorate dishes in preparation for serving.
- Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
- Present menus to Present menus to guests and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request
- Escort Guest to their tables.
- Describe and recommend wines to guests.
- Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for guests.
- Collect payments from Guest
- Write Guest food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Take orders from Guest for food or beverages.
- Check with Guest to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Serve food and/or beverages to Guest; prepare and serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of OND in Hotel Management
- At least five (5) years practical experience in the hospitality industry
- Specialize on both local and intercontinental dishes
- Must have sound knowledge of food & beverage products
- Must have refined skills in public relations
- Must have Typing skills, Windows XP, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must have knowledge on Micros I/T application. (This is a must)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Knowledge in hotel services especially in attending to guest’s needs.
- Knowledge and skills as a waiter of varieties of continental and local dishes.
- Ability to attend to guest needs according to order placed.
- Must be courteous to guests.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Good knowledge of dishes documentation.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their resumes to the address below:
Human Resources Department,
African Sun Amber Residence Limited,
16 Esugbayi Street,
Or E-mail their resumes and application letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.