Executive Finance Vacancy at iRecruiters Africa
Posted on: 13 April, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View Jobs posted same day
About Company: Our client is a foremost financial service firm that offers financial services such as Securities Trading, Consumer Finance, Principal Investments and Financial Advisory to a range of clients across Africa.
The Role Summary: You will be responsible for the risk management operations of the company, to include the integration of risk concepts into strategic planning, and risk identification and mitigation activities.
- You have overall responsibility for the development and implementation of a detailed business risk management framework, both operational and those relating to the individual transactions of Organisation. This includes developing the processes and recommending the risk appetite statements and limits, and then ensuring the organization remains within these limits.
- You will also work with other members of the Senior Management Team in developing and implementing the strategies for Organisation.
- In this role, you will report to the Organisations Chief Executive Officer and Board.
- You will develop risk assessment and monitoring policies and procedures for both the operations of the organisation and for the transactions, including sourcing information, setting and monitoring of limits, to ensure that all existing and emerging risks are appropriately identified, monitored and managed, and that any breaches are appropriately recorded and managed;
- You will provide guidance on the type and quality of management information proportionate to the nature, scale and complexity of the business, to be provided to senior management and the Board to ensure good governance;
- Part of your responsibility is to ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory provisions regarding risk management, prompt reporting of risk positions and provision of advice on possible resolutions of critical issues;
- You will create a culture of intelligent risk-taking, heighten awareness and use of advanced risk management practices through educational programs, training processes and personal mentoring with senior executives, business unit management and general staff;
- You will oversee the activities of the risk function in transaction approval, including requiring additional risk mitigation where appropriate;
- You will manage internal audit function to ensure that policies and procedures are appropriate and followed, and to carry out investigations and recommend changes if appropriate;
- You will oversees monthly reporting to senior management, and to the Board at each Board meeting on risk matters, including compliance with relevant regulatory, legal and internal requirements;
- You will ensure that operational risk is managed effectively within his/her areas of responsibility, and that his/her teams comply with all approved operational risk controls;
- You will be responsible for chairing Portfolio Management and Risk and Compliance Committees;
- You will also provide technical support and training to Organisation on risk-related issues;
- You will drive continuous improvement of risk management practices, commensurate with its size, complexity and geographic focus.
- In addition, you will proactively monitor current and emerging regulatory and risk issues and changes impacting the Organisation. And provides guidance, advice and leads implementation of initiatives to address issues;
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, you will assist the CEO in the management and development of Organisation to ensure a smoothly functioning, efficient organization.
- You will set limits and give guidance on lending strategies and general issues around the loan book.
- The successful candidate should have at least 10 years of business experience, (including at least 5 years of Credit Risk Management at Senior Managerial Level).
- Comprehensive risk management and regulatory knowledge and experience as a banker or regulator in key risks facing financial services companies including on credit, interest rate, liquidity, mergers/acquisitions, compliance, legal and operational risks.
- Excellent communication/presentation/negotiation skills (both verbal and written); Clear communication, advising management/staff.
- Ability to deal with all levels of management across business units and departments.
- Robust understanding of acquiring risk and proven experience in a credit and collections unit.
- Excellent analytical skills both quantitative and qualitative related to each risk function
- Accomplished at reading, interpreting and summarizing financial statements.
- A sound understanding of ERM principles and philosophy.
COMPENSATION: Highly Competitive
Method of Application
Forward an updated copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- E-Business Risk Analyst at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Fresh Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Jobs at CLG Securities Limited
- Business Writers - SME Desk at a Reputable Financial Service Institution - Michael Stevens Consulting
- Graduate Job Vacancies in the Financial Services Sector - Kimberly Ryan
- Business Development / Deal Origination in Nigeria and Sub-Saharan Africa at Nexus Capital Markets
- Head of Operations at Verite Microfinance Bank Limited
- Credit Analysts at Credit Business Services Global Limited (CBS Credit)