Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.
Working with and reporting to the State Team Leader for the DfID MNCH 2 Project. The State Outreach Coordinator will build partnerships and network with state and communities to identify and select outreach sites, design and perform outreach services while adhering to FMoH, DfID, and MSION quality standards. Perform clinical activities as the need arise and document reports of outreach activities as well as participate in the conduct of supportive supervision of trainees.
· Collaborate with the states to identify and assess eligible health facilities that will benefit from the outreach services
· Develop functional relationships with community gate keepers including identifiable community leaders, religious leaders and household heads in the MNCH2 states.
· Facilitate community entry approaches in all communities through innovative partnerships
· Liaise with the state and Regional HTSP trainers to ensure that the underserved communities located around health facilities without skilled providers are reached with integrated HTSP services.
· Develop regular outreach work-plans in collaboration with team members with the objective to use resources in most efficient manner and maximise results while maintaining quality.
· Collect and analyse monthly results and in collaboration with the state team change work plans accordingly
· Provide leadership to the state outreach team, serve as a point person and report issues to appropriate channels
· Ensure outreach activities are compliant with MSN/FMoH approved procedures - in terms of administration and clinical quality
· Monitor outreach activities on a regular basis to ensure compliance.
· Keep and manage records of all outreach activities and provide monthly activity updates to state team leader, national clinical trainer and PM/FPTA.
· Provide integrated HTSP services including: IUCD, Implant insertions and removals where necessary through outreach services
· Manage client complaints and/or clinical incidences both at the outreach and at the health facilities
· Work closely with providers at the HFs with skilled service providers to establish proper referrals and linkages.
· Promote the concept of HTSP through health education.
· Provide high quality HTSP counselling and method provision while respecting client’s rights
· Identify sites for outreach team to provide services
· Work with Master Trainer Mentors and Local government teams to conduct integrated MNCH supportive supervision.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Health, Public Health or Nursing.
• Experienced Registered Nurse/ Midwife may also apply
• At least 5-years post-graduation experience [ESSENTIAL]
• Experience of working in Sexual and Reproductive Health [ESSENTIAL]
• Excellent project coordination skills (ESSENTIAL)
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. [ESSENTIAL]
• Work experience with an NGO (DESIRABLE)
• Sympathetic to women and men seeking Family Planning and Reproductive Health services
• Be able to work on own initiative and motivate others to achieve results
• Customer focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels –State, LGA and community
• Passionate about field work
• Motivates team members to deliver high quality service and results
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Tuesday 19th April 2016. MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.