Health Specialist Vacancy at UNICEF
Posted on: 25 September, 2012
Deadline: 9 October, 2012
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at UNICEF
POST TITLE: HEALTH SPECIALIST (MATERNAL & CHILD HEALTH), NOC
VACANCY NUMBER: VN-NGR-30-2011
CONTRACT TYPE: FIXED TERM
DURATION: TWO YEARS
UNICEF Nigeria seeks the services of an experienced Nutrition Specialist who will be responsible for the formulation, design, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of Nutrition project(s) to ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness of the project management, delivery and accomplishment of project goals and objectives. In Bauchi and Kaduna field Offices.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Master in Public Health and university degree in Medicine or Nursing/ Midwifery or related technical field
- Five years progressively responsible experience in designing, implementing and evaluating of health projects. Experience with Life Saving Skills training and practice and advantage
- Fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another UN working language an asset. Knowledge of local working language of the duty station, an asset
- Knowledge of the latest developments and technology in related fields.
- Ability to make timely and quality judgments and various office applications
- Demonstrated ability to work in an a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization
- Commitment to continuous learning for professional development
- Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values
- Fluency in written and spoken English is
required. Knowledge of another UN working language and local working
language of the duty station an asset.
- Good knowledge of computer application. Knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing and other presentation software required.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision and harmoniously in an international and multicultural environment
- Passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values.
If you are interested in any of these positions and meet the requirements, please send a cover letter one-page summary statement that describes how your experience and qualifications relate to the post(s) and a scanned/PDF copy of the completed and signed UN Personal History Form (which can be downloaded from www.unicef.org/nigeria/about_3345.html to email@example.com by close of business on Tuesday, 09 October 2012.
Please indicate the position title you are applying for on the subject line of your email.
UNICEF, a smoke-free environment, is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about UNICEFSimilar Jobs
- Administration and Logistics Assistant at Cuso International
- Latest Job Vacancy at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Consultancy Role at The Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Job Vacancy at The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)
- Latest Job Opportunity at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Job Openings at Médecins du Monde
- Human Resource Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Latest Job Opening at Oxfam