Senior Driver/Driver Clerk Vacancy at UNDP
Posted on: 24 September, 2012
Deadline: 3 October, 2012
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at UNDP
SENIOR DRIVER / DRIVER CLERK (ROSTER)
Location: Multiple Locations in Nigeria
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Post Level: SB-2
Languages Required: English
Under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager and direct supervisor, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to UN personnel and other high-ranking UN officials and visitors ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Upon request of the supervisor, the Driver can be also required to provide driving services to the operations and programme staff in the CO, Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Availability of documents/ supplies
Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by:
office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery
and collection of mail, documents and other items;
- Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance
of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the
vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
Ensures proper day-to-day
maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs,
arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires,
brakes, car washing, etc.
Ensures availability of all the
required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs,
office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary
Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and
office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair (for Drivers)
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol (for Drivers)
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues (for Drivers)
and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant
and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and
maintains data bases
and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating
attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own
- Transmits file
data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing
databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with
speed and accuracy
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others
Managing Documents, Correspondence and Reports:
edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in
visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms,
presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word
processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
Planning, Organizing and Multitasking:
and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities
while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent
interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting
- Plans, coordinates and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary Education.
- Valid Driver’s license.
3 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of
driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Fluency in the language of the duty station, knowledge of
- The UN language of the duty station.
is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender,
nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous
groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Click here to APPLY
Deadline: 3rd October, 2012
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about UNDPSimilar Jobs
- Administrative Officer at Save the Children
- Latest Jobs at Creative Associates International
- Job Opportunity at Africa Power and Development Advisors (APDA) - PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Job Vacancy at the International Medical Corps (IMC)
- Jobs at ZOA International
- Job Vacancy at CBM International
- Sales Vacancies at DKT International
- Job Opportunity at LYFE