Reports to: Senior Software Operations Officer
Summary Responsible for the availability, protection and performance of all databases in the organisation.
- Implementation and Support of Databases
- Work with technology operations to design and implement new database schemas.
- Work with technology operations to create databases and to implement data availability schemes for both internal and third party use in order to actualize data security, performance and availability goals.
- Provide 3rd level support to resolve daily issues with respect to the availability of database infrastructure and databases.
- Capacity planning of all databases in the operating environment and advice the team on actions to ensure continued performance and availability on an ongoing basis.
- Implement and verify the correct and continuous functioning of backup, disaster recovery and security policies for all operational databases in the operating environment.
Database Upgrades and Maintenance
- Update operational databases as required in order to meet security, performance, availability, and capacity goals for all company products and services on an ongoing basis.
- Participate in and certify upgrades and patches of the databases of all company products and services.
- Certify Proof of Concepts during evaluation for the purchase of new database technology for all company products and services.
- Implement security policies on operational databases as prescribed by the Information Security personnel on an ongoing basis.