Vacancy for Driver at UNDP
Posted on: 24 September, 2012
Deadline: 3 October, 2012
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at UNDP
Location: Multiple Locations in Nigeria
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Post Level: SB-1
Languages Required: English
Under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager and direct supervisor, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
The Driver provides driving services to the operations and programme staff in the CO, Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Availability of documents/ supplies
Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by:
- Driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
- Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts.
Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair (for Drivers)
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol (for Drivers)
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues (for Drivers)
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others
Managing Documents, Correspondence and Reports:
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
Planning, Organizing and Multitasking:
- Organizes and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary Education.
- Valid Driver’s license.
2 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Fluency in the language of the duty station, knowledge of
- The UN language of the duty station.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Click here to APPLY
Deadline: 3rd October, 2012
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about UNDPSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Openings at CBM International
- Latest Job Vacancies at Mercy Corps
- Logistics Vacancy at Secours Islamique France (SIF)
- Latest Jobs at Palladium Group
- Latest Job Opening at The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
- Procurement Coordinator at Save the Children Nigeria
- Job Vacancy at the International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Job Opportunity at Abt Associates