Media Expert Vacancy at UNDP
Posted on: 24 September, 2012
Deadline: 3 October, 2012
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at UNDP
UNDP is recruiting.
NATIONAL EXPERT: MEDIA
LOCATION: ABUJA, NIGERIA
TYPE OF CONTRACT: SERVICE CONTRACT
POST LEVEL: SB-5
LANGUAGES REQUIRED: ENGLISH
DURATION OF INITIAL CONTRACT: INITIAL PERIOD OF ONE YEAR
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Senior Media Expert will work under the direct supervision of the Project Manager to carry out duties.
advise on media involvement in elections, the bottom-up legitimacy
parts of democratization and governance
- Planning, designing and implementing of internal and external strategies for communications and outreach
relationship with media particularly the Non-Governmental media
organizations also through Component Sectoral Working Group
- Manages the media component
- Substantively certify sub-contracted works
- Take on any other assigned responsibilities
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Advanced university degree (Masters) in the area of Mass Communication, Language Arts, Journalism, Political Science preferably with elements of social sciences, democratic governance and development.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in planning and implementing media activities preferably in relation to electoral reforms and democratic processes
- Work experience in democratic governance, including electoral issues, dealing with: (a) policy dialogue and advisory work; (b) leadership and management of research and analysis; (c) design and execution of capacity development programmes; (d) project management, including the leadership of multidisciplinary expert teams, preferably funded by development partners (UN or other); and (e) promotion of stakeholder/community awareness of and participation in democratic governance.
- Familiarity with the media landscape in Nigeria
- Experience in working with the media or in the development of public affairs strategies or programming will be a strong advantage. Skills in training, process facilitation, strategic planning, and partnership-building.
- Proven track record of advising, organizing and supervising public awareness activities partnering with media organizations capacity-building projects.
- Excellent PC user skills: word processing, spreadsheets, databases and web-based research.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria and overseas.
Click here to APPLY
- Strong skills in written communications in English particularly in preparing issue-based papers or reports.
- Excellent spoken English is required as well as fluency in one Nigerian language.
- UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Deadline: 3rd October, 2012
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about UNDPSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Vacancies at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Finance Manager at Save the Children
- Job Vacancy at Palladium Group
- Nutrition Analyst Consultant at the Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET)
- Graduate Clinical Services Provider at Marie Stopes Nigeria (MSION)
- Latest Job Openings at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Media Producer at The Education Development Center (EDC)
- HR Officer at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)