UNDP Vacancy for Community Mobilization & Networking Adviser
Posted on: 24 September, 2012
Deadline: 9 October, 2012
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at UNDP
UNAIDS is recruiting.
JOB TITLE: COUNTRY COMMUNITY MOBILIZATION & NETWORKING ADVISER (CMNA)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Type of Contract: FTA LOCAL
Post Level: NO-C
Languages Required: ENGLISH
Duration of Initial Contract: Initial Period of One Year
Leadership in the response to HIV, as well
as the work of UNAIDS, is about social justice and social change – not
only is the health of those affected crucial, but also their dignity and
security, and the enabling social, cultural and legal social conditions
necessary to achieve these. High level policy, technical and
programmatic advice to civil society and strategic support to community
mobilization, through GIPA and civil society engagement, are both human
rights and public health imperatives, as people living with HIV and
other members of civil society will be and should be, the engines of
health and social change efforts in their countries.
- Reinforce and reignite the engagement and leadership in the AIDS response of people living with HIV, women and key populations
the HIV response has a powerful human face and is an engine for
community mobilization for prevention, treatment and HIV-related social
- Provide global
leadership, advocacy, strategic information and programme coherence on
human rights, gender equality, GIPA, community mobilization and civil
society leadership towards achievement of the 10 goals of the 2011
excellence in national efforts to achieve HIV-related human rights,
gender and GIPA goals through mobilization of leaders in government and
civil society on law, gender equality, civic and social action and
Duties and Responsibilities
the overall guidance and supervision of the UNAIDS Country Coordinator,
specially, Country Community Mobilization and Networking Adviser (CMNA)
will focus on catalyzing and increasing effective community
mobilization, advocacy and demand creation across social movements and
reinforcement of community capacities to become service providers,
partners in policy development, and watchdogs for rights, programming
and transparency of funding flows. Critical to this position will be
in-depth knowledge of and engagement with national and sub-national
networks of people living and HIV and key populations, particularly in
relation to attainment of the Political Declaration targets. More Duties
and Responsibilities are listed on the website link below.
Functional/Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal, representational and advocacy skills.
- Ability to facilitate and strengthen the involvement of a range of external partners in HIV work.
- Knowledge of the UN system and development issues.
- Understanding of AIDS epidemic essential.
- Ability to ensure that the principles around human rights, gender and the meaningful involvement of people living with HIV and adhered to and applied in all UNAIDS partnership work and strategies.
- Other partnerships skills as articulated in the cross cutting competency set.
- Commitment to the AIDS response
- Respect for diversity
- Working in teams
- Communicating with impact
- Applying expertise
- Delivering results
- Driving change and innovation.
- Being accountable
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Essential: An advanced university degree ( Masters) in social sciences, health, or related field.
- Desirable: Specialization in one of the above fields.
- Essential: At least 5 years relevant working experience in civil society/community mobilization collaboration and partnerships. Considerable experience in the country where the post is located in the field of HIV, fostering partnerships with a range of sectors, Broad experience in working with and mobilizing a range of external partners.
- Desirable: Experience in the UN system; regional and/or international experience in the field of HIV; experience of living with HIV.
- Essential: Advanced level of English or another UN official language depending on the duty station as well as an advanced level of the local language.
- Desirable: Good working knowledge of another UN Official language.
The UN is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Click here to APPLY
Deadline: 9th October, 2012
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about UNDPSimilar Jobs
- Administration and Logistics Assistant at Cuso International
- Latest Job Vacancy at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Consultancy Role at The Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Job Vacancy at The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)
- Latest Job Opportunity at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Human Resource Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Latest Job Opening at Oxfam
- Fresh Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF International