MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big
The Snr. IP Planning Engineer will plan, design and coordinate all new IP/MPLS, Network Core services and Value Added Services projects that support the present and future network growth needs in line with business requirements.
Other responsibilities include to:
- Plan, design and coordinate the implementation of IP/MPLS related new products and services.
- Provide technical support and mentoring to junior members of the IP Planning team.
- Plan all IP backbone integration events, control project processes for capacity expansion, integrations, and new services.
- Receive inputs on weekly & monthly basis on network performance monitoring and trend analyses, for effective capacity planning and expansion in line with network growth trends and traffic patterns.
- Develop and evolve IP addressing, naming and numbering formats for all network segments and devices on the IP NGN infrastructure.
- Produce and evolve designs for integration and extension of the Core NGN and POPs and Meet-me locations.
- Plan, schedule and conduct site visits and surveys for accurate and effective project execution, network design, and integration coordination.
- Design and coordinate implementation of Quality and Class of Service techniques at the network Edge and in the IP backbone network
You will be required to work closely with the Network planning and operations team, as well as the Product Development and the rest of the Commercial team in relation to your designated project.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or any related discipline
- Minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience required in complex network project implementations.
- Strong understanding of a process driven environment
- L2 and L3 MPLS experience
- Routing protocol troubleshooting experience (BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Cisco Certified Design professional (CCDP)
- Strong experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches
- Cisco IOS/IOS XR experience will be an added advantage
- CCNP, CCIP, CCSP certification or equivalent experience
- CCIE certification required.
Demands of the job:
- Strong written and verbal skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service experience required
- Availability to work overtime in times of emergency and specialized project deliveries.
- Understand and manage the pressure of a 24x7 customer support environment
Method of Application
To apply, visit Main One Career Page
Note: When the page opens, click on "Senior IP Planning Engineer"