If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.
In Nigeria, Save the Children has been working since 2001. The early focus was on getting children actively involved in shaping the decisions that affect their lives. Today, Save the Children is working in seven federal states - Zamfara, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi and Kaduna - focusing on providing basic healthcare and protecting children.
To Coordinate Monitoring and Evaluation of all Emergency Food Security and Livelihoods. Ensure implementation of the M&E plan for Food Security & Livelihoods; monitoring progress against planned activities, critical milestones and targets, leading HUMANITARIAN projects research and evaluation activities and ensuring reports are of the highest possible quality.
Key Areas of Accountability
Objective 1: Provide Technical Support for M&E Systems Design and Implementation:
- Lead the M&E component of all humanitarian proposals
- Lead on the development of Monitoring and Evaluation frameworks and Performance Monitoring Plans for HUMANITARIAN Projects.
- Review of programme monitoring and evaluation tools (patient files, registers, reporting templates, data bases, etc)AS required
- Supervise the data collection and management process from primary data source (facilities and communities) to final reporting to ensure quality
- Develop and manage a DQA system for humanitarian Projects
- Conduct periodic data verification exercises and provide feedback with recommendations for improvement
- Ensure databases are updated regularly
- Facilitate the design and monitor implementation of project evaluations, operation research and other studies.
Objective 2: Coordinate Programme Monitoring Activities:
- Ensure programming is aligned to targets and indicators contained in project proposals
- Support Programme Management to ensure programming quality is constantly audited and is of acceptable quality
- Constantly update programme management on projects progress using the IPTT monitoring and management tool
- Review program data reports with analysis and recommendations to be utilized in monitoring of strength, weaknesses and gaps in existing programmes and services as may be required.
- Ensure program staff are using data to make informed and timely decisions related to program implementation.
Objective 3: Support the Development and Implementation of Knowledge Management Systems:
- Participate in the development of an organization KM strategy
- Develop key information products for dissemination of program information
- Develop Case Studies; applying the theory of change, sharing good practices internally and externally
- Provide guidance to field staff to strengthen information sharing and identification of success stories
Objective 4: Coordinate the Implementation and Maintenance of Beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism:
- Implement beneficiary complaints mechanisms for humanitarian projects
- Supervise the management of the CRM(Complaints and Response Mechanism) information system
- Ensure there is a feedback mechanism for the CRM
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of MSc in Numeracy, Social Sciences/MPH disciplines and 5 years relevant work experience in the in humanitarian/development sector.
- Previous experience with local or international NGOs
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Office applications, web-based applications and advanced statistical package utilization e.g SPSS,STATA-12,DHIS etc)
- Fluency in English and Hausa, spoken and written
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other NGO’s staff
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent communication skills
Method of Application
Interested candidates should click here to apply on Simplicant