Job Vacancy at The RAND Corporation
Posted on: 7 April, 2016
Deadline: 21 April, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at RAND Corporation
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The RAND Corporation is a research organization that develops solutions to public policy challenges to help make communities throughout the world safer and more secure, healthier and more prosperous. RAND is nonprofit, nonpartisan, and committed to the public interest.
- We are seeking an experienced Research Project Manager (RPM) to oversee project implementation and data collection over a two- year period for a research study.
- This randomized controlled tnal addresses the issue of task shifting among health care providers and seeks to answer the question of how access to physician care impacts outcomes.
- The RPM is expected to begin work in July 2016 and will be based in one of the four study states (likely Kano).
- He/She will be responsible for management of all field activities, including liaising with stakeholders (such as the NYSC and State Ministries of Health), hiring field staff, and coordination and oversight of implementation and data collection in four states.
- Specific responsibilities include supervision of field coordinators, assisting with the training of field staff, coordinating the logistics of the field work with field coordinators, tracking the progress of data collection across states, addressing any disciplinary issues that arise among field staff, and ensuring data quality.
- He/she will be in regular communication with the study principal investigator on all matters related to implementation of the study.
- Phd or Master's level education, preferably in Public Health, Sociology, Economics, or Demography.
- Documented experience managing project implementation.
- Previous experience coordinating primary data collection in Nigeria is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing staff.
- Strong people- management skills.
- Well organized.
The position is full time and will require frequent travel. Compensation will be based on training and experience but will be around N250-N300k per month.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their current CVs (include up to three reference) and cover letter to email@example.com
Note: Applications will be considered as they come in until the position is filled.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about RAND CorporationSimilar Jobs
- Call for Proposals at Mercy Corps
- Front Desk /Administrative Assistant at WaterAid Nigeria
- Director of Monitoring and Evaluation at PACT Nigeria
- Director of Finance and Operations at PACT Nigeria
- Deputy Chief of Party at PACT Nigeria
- MHPSS Technical Specialist at Heartland Alliance International
- Business Support Assistant (SCOPE) at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Organizational Development Specialist, STEER Project at Save the Children Nigeria