Job Vacancy at The RAND Corporation
Posted on: 7 April, 2016
Deadline: 21 April, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
The RAND Corporation is a research organization that develops solutions to public policy challenges to help make communities throughout the world safer and more secure, healthier and more prosperous. RAND is nonprofit, nonpartisan, and committed to the public interest.
- We are seeking an experienced Research Project Manager (RPM) to oversee project implementation and data collection over a two- year period for a research study.
- This randomized controlled tnal addresses the issue of task shifting among health care providers and seeks to answer the question of how access to physician care impacts outcomes.
- The RPM is expected to begin work in July 2016 and will be based in one of the four study states (likely Kano).
- He/She will be responsible for management of all field activities, including liaising with stakeholders (such as the NYSC and State Ministries of Health), hiring field staff, and coordination and oversight of implementation and data collection in four states.
- Specific responsibilities include supervision of field coordinators, assisting with the training of field staff, coordinating the logistics of the field work with field coordinators, tracking the progress of data collection across states, addressing any disciplinary issues that arise among field staff, and ensuring data quality.
- He/she will be in regular communication with the study principal investigator on all matters related to implementation of the study.
- Phd or Master's level education, preferably in Public Health, Sociology, Economics, or Demography.
- Documented experience managing project implementation.
- Previous experience coordinating primary data collection in Nigeria is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing staff.
- Strong people- management skills.
- Well organized.
The position is full time and will require frequent travel. Compensation will be based on training and experience but will be around N250-N300k per month.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their current CVs (include up to three reference) and cover letter to email@example.com
Note: Applications will be considered as they come in until the position is filled.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Fresh Job Opportunities at Mercy Corps
- TA - Child Protection Officer at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists at Cuso International
- Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor at Randstad Construction Property Engineering - Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Job Opportunities at FHI 360
- Graduate WASH Technical Assistant at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Logistics Coordinator at Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)