Aldelia is a specialist Oil & Gas , Manpower and Project Services consultancy operating extensively in Europe, the Middle East, South East Asia, Africa and South America with Offices in London, Dubai, Brazil, Iraq, Kurdistan, Singapore and Nigeria.
- To support the Financial Controller (Management Accounts) in the leadership of the Finance Department
- To lead the Payroll and Timekeeping Departments
Key Aims and Objectives
- Ensure that payrolls are prepared and paid in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure that financial reporting is provided in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide financial analysis to meet internal and external requirements
- Lead, develop and motivate a professional team in the Finance Department in order to
- provide high-quality service to both internal and external users
- Ensure compliance with financial regulatory requirements
Provide support to the Financial Controller including but not limited to the following functions:
- Monthly Management Accounts:
- Produce monthly management accounts within 7 working days of the month end including variance analysis, KPI analysis and recommendations to improve financial performance
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the monthly management accounts;
- Review key assumptions for reasonableness; analyse and quantify key risks and judgements used in the financial figures reported.
- Oversee the management of vendor invoice processing to ensure vendor liabilities are captured in a timely and accurate manner and to enable timely payment by the Treasury
- Client invoicing:
- Oversee the management of client invoicing to ensure that it is carried out in a timely and accurate manner and that all amounts chargeable are fully captured;
- Provide support to other departments to maximise amounts invoiced to clients and to efficiently collect payments.
- Financial Information and Support:
- Provide financial information to support commercial activities within the business and other departments as required.
- Annual external accounts audit.
- Payroll and Timekeeping:
- Manage the preparation of payrolls to ensure that they are prepared and paid in a timely and accurate manner;
- Manage the payment of tax, pension and other deductions and statutory payments to ensure they are paid in a timely and accurate manner within statutory deadlines;
- Manage the deduction and calculation of taxes, pension contributions and other statutory deductions and payments to ensure that they comply with contractual and statutory regulations;
- Manage the timekeeping function to ensure timely and accurate recording of labour hours worked;
- Manage the processing of payroll transactions within the ERP system including labour and man-hour allocations;
- Provide support to the HR Department for the communication of financially-related payroll issues to staff;
- Provide payroll information to other departments as required (within confidentiality limits defined by management);
- Manage payroll tax, pension and other payroll-related audits;
- Maintain the confidentiality and integrity of the payroll function.
- ERP System and Financial Procedures and Controls:Actively participate in the development and improvement of the ERP system;
- Actively participate in the development of financial reporting in the ERP system to meet company requirements;
- Support the Financial Controller to develop financial procedures and monitor compliance;
- Support the Financial Controller to develop and monitor financial controls to prevent and detect fraud and error both within and outside of the ERP system.
- Work with the Financial Controller to:
- Ensure that staff are properly trained and supervised to meet the requirements of their
- Assess performance on a regular basis to identify deficiencies, improve performance and
- develop staff;
- Lead, motivate and provide direction to staff.
- Pro-actively support a strong safety culture within the company.
- Treasury personnel, Finance Projects and Planning personnel, Commercial personnel,
- Supply Chain personnel, Vendors, Statutory bodies, External auditors
- Qualified accountant
- Wide experience of working with ERP/Accounting software
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience of leading a finance team
- Ability to process complex financial data and communicate in a clear, concise manner.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.