StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Our client is a leading player in the cement manufacturing and concrete mix production looking to hire a Financial Business Analyst.
- Responsible for the overall budget management for Other West Africa markets inclusive of coordinating the business plan and rolling estimates for these markets.
- Monthly monitoring of actual performance and providing financial information on variances from plan so that potential financial problems can be identified early enough for effective corrective action to be taken.
- Financially responsible for the delivery of budget profit for the other West-Africa markets
- Preparation for the finance director project specific financials and reports
- Preparation of debt recovery schedule providing adequate information for further debt management decisions.
- Analysis of Profit variance starting with Net sales down through to Net profit, which assist management in identifying what actually is the cause of variances – favourable or otherwise.
- Preparation of Category Income statement, which highlights the contribution of each product category to overall profitability.
- Preparation of report analysing Material price variance into components as well as showing justification for releases into Income statement, which ensures better decisions are made as regards pricing and standard costs.
- Preparation of report forecasting MPV, with adequate highlight of key parameters underlying such variance, hence promoting awareness of impact of raw material price changes on profitability.
- Preparation and presentation of report analysing over and under absorption of overheads into volume and rate variance with respects to planned and updated production volume as a contribution towards factory planning and control.
- Computation of financial implication of Margin Improvement initiatives as well as tracking such initiatives through the financial statements.
- Providing adequate commercial support, including promo evaluation (pre and post), NPD evaluation and sales activity evaluation (pre and post) for planning and control purposes.
- Maintenance of Distributors’ Records and Details, which ensures the completeness and accuracy of individual distributors’ balance, as well as reconciling and resolving one off disputes over balances, which sustain better customer relationship with distributors.
- Monthly Reconciliation of Receivables Ledger as a contribution towards preparation and presentation of Monthly Financial Reports by Reporting Accountants, as well as ensuring the Account Receivables is accurately stated in the financial statements.
- Active involvement in the identification, preparation and presentation of doubtful debts to be provided for on monthly bases, which ensures the Account Receivables figure represents debts reasonably recoverable in due time.
- Classification of Receivables associated with trade promotions and related internal expenses, so that Profit and Working Capital are not ultimately misstated.
- A University degree in Accounting or related courses.
- 7-8 years’ experience with at least 4 years in a similar role.
- A professional qualification in Accounting - Must.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Strong working knowledge of Excel (Macro & Pivot Table), power point and word applications.
- Extensive experience with with analytical tools such as Cognos, Business Objects, systems
- Advanced knowledge of financial modeling and analytical techniques essential
- Be highly numerate and methodical
- Results driven, can work at fast pace whilst ensuring accuracy
- Excellent writing and presentation skills. Written work must be concise and persuasive.
- Manufacturing experience
- Have a proven track record of working closely with commercial teams, sales and operational teams
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence.
Method of Application
Qualified Financial Business Analyst with required experience should forward CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Financial Business Analyst’ as subject of mail before 26th April, 2016. Candidates who meet the qualifications listed above will be invited for interviews.
go to method of application »
Job Location: Calabar, Cross Rivers State. (Applicants MUST be resident in Calabar)
To ensure prompt and accurate processes of payments and treasury settlement instructions. Support all daily operational treasury activities to the center.
- Ensure that the documentation for the weekly Journal for offshore remittances are raised promptly and accurately.
- Ensure that payments and settlement instructions relating to all suppliers’ invoices are processed promptly and accurately for payment through the Banks.
- Prompt and accurate preparation of all documentation needed for offshore remittances to aid Account Payable posting.
- Prompt daily documented analysis of cash balance.
- Ensure prompt and accurate posting of all manual receipts of customer payments into the JD Edward ERP.
- Ensure prompt and accurate posting of Interswitch (ISW) receipts into JDE as and when necessitated by JDE/ISW synchronization downtime.
- Manage the daily processing of petty cash requests from employees, including accurate transfer into respective bank accounts.
- Administer the processing of foreign and local cash advance requests from employees.
- Manage the payment and treasury settlement instructions for the LEA share sale for employees.
- Provide monthly offshore remittance information for exchange rate calculation and use by Plant Inventory function.
- Provide support to the Senior Treasury Operations Manager on any other issues relating to the Treasury operations.
- Any other assignment of similar responsibilities assigned from time to time.
Sales – Post all customer payments (manual receipts) into JDE ERP.
Account - Raising of weekly Journal for offshore remittances documentation. Documentation for offshore remittances are prepared and sent to Account Payable for Posting.
Inventory – Send the exchange rate to inventory for offshore documentation.
General Management – Processing of local and foreign cash advances for payment.
External - Bank officials/ contacts
- B.Sc/HND Accounting/Finance Discipline ONLY
- 4 years Treasury working experience in FMCG, multinational organisation
- Advance working knowledge of excel
- Working knowledge of Bank reconciliation
- Working knowledge of Trade services
- Knowledge and usage of ERP preferably JD Edwards / SAP
- Salary range is 4, 500,000 – 5, 500,000 /annum (based on experience)
- Qualified applicants with the required treasury and JDE/SAP ERP experience should forward CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘TOA’ as subject of mail before 26th April, 2016. Candidates who meet the qualifications listed above will be contacted for interviews.