Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.
In Nigeria, Save the Children has been working since 2001. The early focus was on getting children actively involved in shaping the decisions that affect their lives. Today, Save the Children is working in seven federal states - Zamfara, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi and Kaduna - focusing on providing basic healthcare and protecting children.
- Responsible for all New Born Health Project MEAL activities in Kaduna & Gombe States. Data management including data quality assurance, database maintenance, logistics and coordination for research activities including workshops, conducting literature research, and preparing reports.
- The officer will also support cross cutting Monitoring and Evaluation efforts across thematic areas and programmes
- To provide support to the MEAL Unit in the design, and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities.
- In particular, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will assist with the implementation of quality assurance assessments, post training follow-up and routine data systems and provide technical inputs to the project implementation.
Key Aears of Accountability
The M&E Officer will perform duties such as:
- Assist in development of performance monitoring plan (PMP), and keep progress of the project achievements through updating the PMP.
- Plan and conduct monitoring visits in order to assess programmatic activities of the project in accordance with M&E schedule.
- Assist M&E Advisor in carrying out specific training, support, and other capacity building activities in routine and specifically designed data management.
- Use findings from routine supportive supervision and data collected from reporting systems to monitor the availability, accessibility, utilisation and quality of new-born and child care services provided at all levels of the health system in the states.
- Support the dissemination of quality data for decision making and feedback via regular information sharing with stakeholders and beneficiaries, and through publication of key project successes.
- Support the baseline, mid-term and end of project evaluation and other research activities during the implementation of the project.
Data Collection & Data Quality Management:
- Participate in data collection, analysis and synthesis of programmatic data and routine data for monitoring of project progress.
- Collects data pertaining to household and health facility surveys
- Responsible for data entry (and transcription of audio data when needed)
- Keeps record of information obtained during research (database of information, hard files, etc.)
- Conducts periodic data verification exercises
- Validates data and cleans data sets
- Prepares reports containing descriptive, analytical, and evaluative content
Research Support, Logistics & Coordination:
- Supports the logistics and coordination of field research
- Conducts literature research and supports technical research as required
- Organizes events (seminars, workshops, meetings etc)
- Prepares correspondence as needed
- Support on-going monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of projects in reporting routine monitoring data against performance monitoring plans
- Support data management for rapid assessments, situational analysis, surveys, evaluations and other research as required
- Conduct monthly data analysis and prepare monthly programme IPTT monitoring reports
- Work with field teams to collect information on potential case studies and success stories
- Update shared drive and project team space with program monitoring documents regularly
- Other duties as directed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (health sciences, social sciences, development studies or other)
- Candidates must have at least 2-3 years of progressive experience working in a similar research position
- Formal training in research methods at a graduate level is an asset
- Skills and experience conducting data verification, analysis, reporting and monitoring
- Experience in transcribing audio data, and in data entry
- Excellent IT skills
- Good writing, editing, research, and presentation skills
- Previous experience in facilitating trainings, workshops and events
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Competent and experienced in general office administration, coordination and logistics
- Ability to lead on detailed logistical tasks such as those required for fieldwork or when organizing events
- Excellent skills in oral and written communications
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills are an advantage
Method of Application
Interested candidates should click here to apply on Simplicant