An International Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the following position:
The Operations & Logistics Assistant is responsible for supporting program activities in the project’s state offices. The Operations & Logistics Assistant will provide support to a range of administrative and human resources functions and perform a broad range of clerical duties. The Operations & Logistics Assistant will be responsible for administrative functions such as collection of monthly timesheets for grant-funded labor, collection, filing and transmission to head office of administrative documentation such as handover receipts, collection of signatures from grantees, ensuring coordination of quantities and timing of shipments and assisting in the compilation of administrative paperwork at the state level. This position will be based at one of the state offices, with program activities expected to be carried out throughout the state. Some travel is expected.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Operations & Logistics Assistant will report to the State Program Manager.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide clerical and administrative support to a portfolio of field-based activities.
- Collect monthly timesheets for grant-funded labor at the state level
- Collect, copy and transmit to the Abuja office administrative documentation such as handover receipts and other grants documentation
- Collect required signatures for handover documents from grantees and project participants
- Coordinate supply and delivery of field based shipments, ensuring that a proper supply exists at the grant site for activities to continue and coordinate with Abuja offices ahead of supply exhaustion so items can be replenished.
- Assist with ordering supplies and inventory management, as needed.
- Provide assistance with trip expense reports, photocopying, ordering reading and learning materials, as needed.
- Assist staff with mailing projects.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Secondary school certificate is desired.
- One year work experience in an office environment is required.
- Ability to multi-task is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Problem solving, stress management and time management Skills are required.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Flexibility and ability to work in busy environment.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required
Method of Application
Applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents by 19th April, 2016:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND
- A cover letter.
to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference the job title and location on the cover letter and resume /CV. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.