GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Well Performance Services (WPS) Regional Business Leader Sub Sahara Africa translates concepts, develops strategy, and implements change within the functional organization.
In this role the preferred candidate will create programs responsive to external environment, participate in cross- functional business and cultural development, lead, develop and coordinate Sales, ITO, and OTR across WPS, a new business within Drilling & Surface which develops oilfield production products and services for a full range of well applications across all stages of the production lifecycle. This role will be responsible for growing the WPS orders & profit, as well as developing talent & creating a robust pipeline of future leaders.
Candidate will be:
- Responsible for the identification of potential growth markets/segments as well as for the definition and implementation of the relevant growth strategy/initiatives that fits with GE O&G business imperatives and products/services capabilities
- Responsible for driving and leading transactional and non-transactional growth opportunities within the WPS geomarket
- In-depth knowledge of Oil & Gas and artificial lift markets and customers
- Define and implement of Oil & Gas marketing and commercial strategies in order to increase orders volume and profitability
- Build the WPS structure and leverage existing resources to maximize market coverage
- Manage the services & execution to ensure customer and business needs are met
- Establish a systematic business scouting plan with the purpose of identifying new market opportunities
- Coordinate sales activities ensuring the development of the GE Oil & Gas brand awareness in the market
- Engage global functions (e.g., Engineering, Marketing IT, Legal, Finance, HR) in developing and implementing robust sales, service, and ITO/OTR processes
- Design and implement metrics for assessing customer satisfaction and lead improvement efforts
- Implement an effective inventory management and customer demand forecasting process; coordinate with Global Supply Chain to regularly update and manage requirements
- Develop and accelerate leadership talent across WPS
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- At least 10 additional years of experience in sales, management consulting, or strategic planning from the Oil & Gas industry.
- At least 7 years of leadership experience
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Ability to develop influential customer relationships, plans, sales strategies, presentations, and proposals
- Strong sales team leadership skills with a successful sales growth track record
- Strong leadership skills with a successful sales growth track record, strong customer mindset
- Strong influence and negotiation skills
- Understanding of GE’s and customer financial drivers / needs, experience operating in GE finance calendar and preparation of operating plans (annual and long term) and year end presentations / reporting
- Ability to effectively lead a multi-functional team and thrive within a matrix organization
Job Segments: Consulting, Strategic Planning, Pipeline, Supply, Oil Field, Technology, Strategy, Energy, Operations
go to method of application »
Job Number: 2543451
Business: GE Power
Business Segment: PWR-PS Power Services
- In this strategic technical Presales position, the Presales Solution Architect will establish a trusted advisor relationship with both our external customers and internal technical teams.
- You will collaborate with internal corporate development teams, Presales technical teams and commercial sales teams in the business unit they are supporting to help drive sales of our Predix platform and suite of APM.
- Establish a deep understanding of our customers business and technical needs
- Create a “trusted technical advisor” relationship with our customer’s technologists and internal technical teammates
- Develop solution architecture framework to support solution selling on an enterprise level. Help to provide vision, define system and application architecture, problem anticipation and problem solving ability across the landscape
- Lead change across large platforms / functional areas using technology solutions
- Provide deep sw / hw technical architecture expertise to ensure proper solution design
- Interface with all Presales Solutions Architects globally and participate in the SA community to help train, mentor, and guide other colleagues through new solution architecture framework
- Provide SWAT coverage for key customer facing events, particularly C level discussions
- Interface with COE CTOs to ensure alignment to sales process and priorities
- Evangelize GE technology platform in appropriate sales forums to drive demand and continued interest
- Build link to provocative selling model to ensure architecture views are properly integrated
- Develop evolution path and migration plans for key GE customers from their current state to the target GE Digital Strategy by deploying Predictivity Solutions in concert with other GE Products & Services as well as potential 3rd party solutions.
- Shape, drive and be held accountable for delivering significant strategic initiatives across broad scope/platform(s) in liaison with key stakeholders
- Compose and deliver superior outcome based sales presentations and demonstrations across the portfolio as well as the ability to dive into the depths of certain defined solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Science, Engineering, Technology or related discipline
- Minimum 10+ years’ work experience in Software Presales
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must be willing to travel (If there is travel)
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on y our resume) for Nigerians only.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Manages and possesses working industry knowledge and skillset (of self or others) in assigned vertical
- Significant expertise in developing and selling SW/HW solutions. Including creating and executing propositions and a track record of success
- Deep understanding of the technology stack to include OS, DB, middleware, application layer, virtualization and cloud technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence solution direction to both technical and non-technical audiences alike across all organizational levels
- Technical acumen to interface with technologists, understand complex concepts and translate in a way that businesses or industry can understand
- Masters’ degree, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving and creative skills, ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on market and customer trends - go beyond the status quo
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, strategic agility, manage diversity and drive for results
Method of Application
To apply, visit GE Career Page