Lagos Business School is a leading educational and research institution that has built a reputation for high academic standards and active research faculty. Rated among the top global providers of open enrollment executive education by Financial Times (FT ranking), and sixth place as a great place to work in Nigeria by the Great Place to Work (GPTW) Institute’s current survey, the school has made significant contributions towards the training and development of Nigerian managers. LBS also boasts of a vibrant alumni association and an excellent relationship with the community.
To consolidate our leadership position as a top rated business school, providing excellent academic programmes, and various management development courses to managers in corporate organisations, we are in search of bright scholars with academic pedigree to fill new faculty positions.
PAN African University currently has the following vacancies to fill:
Faculty positions in the following subject areas:
- Business Writing and Management Communication
- Business Law
- Economics (macro and micro)
- Quantitative subjects (Business Statistics, Quantitative Analysis, Mathematics)
- Social & Political Environment of Business
The commencing salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The school also has a robust policy on faculty development which includes support for attendance at conferences, international exposure at partner institutions and opportunities to collaborate with leading organisations on research.
The Job Holder’s Responsibilities Include:
• Teaching participants using appropriate methods such as lectures, case studies, tutorials,seminars
• Supervising students’ projects and dissertations.
• Marking and assessing students’ work, and invigilating at examinations
• Facilitating in Executive Education programmes and in-house Management Development Programmes for client companies
• Conducting independent research leading to publications in reputable academic journals
• Preparing teaching cases and technical notes to support learning LBS
• Mentoring students and research associates
• Making contributions to enhance public and management policy
• Rendering service to the School as required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Applicants should have a PhD or should have started their course work in a PhD programme, some research or teaching experience, evidence of scholarship within their specialisation, a proven ability to devise, advise on and manage learning and research;
- they should be skilled in managing, motivating and mentoring others successfully at all levels.
- Professional practice and industry experience will be an added advantage.
Placement of successful applicants in terms of grade will be dependent on experience, quality of publications and academic contributions among others.
OTHER GENERAL REQUIREMENT
• Initiative and creativity
• Teaching, research and curriculum development
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Good leadership skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• High ethical orientation
ACADEMIC SPECIALTY FIELDS AVAILABLE
The available vacancies are in the following areas:
• Business Writing and Management Communication
• Business Law
• Economics (macro and micro)
• Quantitative subjects (Business Statistics, Quantitative Analysis, Mathematics)
• Social & Political Environment of Business
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their applications, detailed CVs and brief personal profiles to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: October 31, 2012.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. LBS offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants.