If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
To be a World Class Skills Development and HR / ICT Consulting Services organisation that adds significant value to our clients and society.
Our Client, a Multinational in the Oil and Gas Sector, is recruiting to fill the position of:
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee bank account and cash management, cash flow forecasts, expenditure management and CAPEX procedures, tax management, fixed assets management and depreciation.
- Daily, weekly, monthly and annual financial statements and company-wide financial performance report, management reports, etc., meeting deadlines
- Ensure that payroll is managed effectively and salaries paid promptly as at when due
- Ensure petty cash, cash and bank accounts are managed effectively and customer invoices are paid promptly with accurate records kept.
- In conjunction with Head of Finance, prepares budgets, forecasts and other financial plans and carry out continuous follow-ups.
- Liaison and relationship management with the banks, company’s internal auditors, statutory auditors and other legal authorities, ensuring compliance with statutory accounting requirements, regulations and fiscal obligations.
- Ensure that statutory accounts are maintained, most especially in such areas as PAYE, Withholding tax, Pension, Company tax, etc
- Ensure effective control of the company's financial accounting systems, policies and ensure procedures are appropriate and are complied with
- Monitor the input and processing of financial data Financial Application (NAVISION) ensuring data integrity
- In consultation with the Head of Finance, manage the financial risk of the company at the location (i.e. exchange rate risk, interest rate risk etc)
- Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation. Carry out other tasks as may be assigned
- Manage investment in money market instruments (fixed deposit,call accounts etc), ensuring the company gets the best return out of its investments
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) required:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and practices and financial management
- Knowledge of financial, budgetary and accounting systems, methods and control procedures
- Excellent organization, analytical and administrative skills
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Suite products – Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point and IMS application
- Excellent communication (oral and verbal) skills with demonstrated excellence in reporting and presentation ta high standard
- Ability to work in multicultural environment and with minimal supervision
Academic Qualifications and Experience required:
- BSc. or HND in Accounting, Business, Economics or related fields. A masters degree will be added advantage.
- Qualification of ACA or ACCA is essential
- Minimum of 5years previous experience in Finance and Accounting functions. Experience in the oil and gas industry is added advantage.
- Knowledge of Accounting base and software package (Ms Dynanmics NAVISION) is Compulsory.
- (The understanding of the observable and measurable knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes required to be successful on the job)
- Relationship Building:
- Develops and maintains working relationship with customers and staff
- Managing team goals, providing support while understanding people’s perception and concerns.
- Planning & Organizing:
- Prioritizes and delegates tasks effectively; handles multiple tasks appropriately, applying administrative and problem solving skills
- Communicates clearly and coherently (verbal and written) for employees and external client understanding
- Sets priorities and adopts strategies which balance short term and long range objectives.
- Familiar with standards and processes to achieve apportioned tasks
- Takes clear steps to train and mentor team members to improve on their performances
- Takes responsibility for others and own development
Negotiating and Influence:
- Persuades and convinces colleagues, superiors and clients to achieve goal for the company
Method of Application
Applicants should send their application letter and CVs to email@example.com using Accounting Generalist as the subject of the mail
Note: Only candidates who have working knowledge of Ms Dynamics NAVISION and are chartered Accountants will be considered.