If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Grade: C4 (L)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Type of Position: Temporary
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (UK Trade & Investment roles)
Job Subcategory: UK Trade and Investment (UKTI)
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main Purpose of Job:
Leading the work of the UKTI Nigeria Oil and Gas team to maximise the export of British goods and services to the oil and gas sector in Nigeria. This will include liasinging with major players in the Nigeria oil and gas sector to help identify potential supply chain opportunities for UK firms, and facilitate UK- Nigerian commercial partnerships. It will involve close working with UKTI’s oil and gas team and sector specialist in the UK, UK Export Finance, and colleagues across the HMG Nigeria:
- Setting and delivering the priorities for UKTI Nigeria Oil and Gas sector team, in consultation with the Oil and Gas Sector specialist and UKTI Director.
- Management and delivery of the annual UKTI- Shell Supply Chain Programme to ensure the programme delivers good value for participating delegates.
- Identification and communication of procurement opportunities and the tender process for specific projects within Shell, other IOCs and marginal field operators to Sector specialist and UK companies; maintaining and development of these relationships.
- Engagement with and lobbying of the Nigerian National Oil Company and other senior government bodies on behalf of UK companies and help promote reform where needed including input on the PIB.
- Line Management responsibility for the Oil and gas Team. (1xB3L)
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Experience or qualification in the Oil and Gas sector.
- Commercial experience.
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Line management experience
- Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Achieving Commercial Outcomes, Managing a Quality Service.
1st April, 2016.
18 April, 2016.
17th October, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply online
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Nigeria with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Staff members recruited locally by the British High Commission in Lagos are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Nigerian employment law.
- Spouses/registered partners of UK Based Staff, are able to work within the BHC/BCG but their salary will be abated at the appropriate tax rates.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.