Sandvine creates intelligent broadband networks empowering communication service providers (CSPs) worldwide with business intelligence, revenue generation, traffic optimization and network security.
Sandvine provides a single platform to introduce unified, standards-compliant network policy control into any fixed, mobile, or converged access network, at any scale, whether the network is physical, virtualized, or a hybrid.
Want to help create tomorrow’s Internet experience?
- As a leader in the broadband network equipment industry, our solutions enable Communication Service Providers to deliver quality experiences for Internet customers around the world. And that quality experience is no exception for Sandvine Team Members.
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces by Great Places to Work® Institute for 8 consecutive years, our Team Members have the opportunity to develop, support and promote our solutions that have real business impact to our global customers. Their ideas are heard and transpire into reality, helping to shape tomorrow's Internet.
- We’re looking for a Sales Engineer to join our team in West/Central Africa, location Nigeria, and help progress projects with both existing Sandvine customers as well as new opportunities.
- The position as Sales Engineer is a technical position, and we expect the successful candidate to become the technical authority on the Sandvine products and solutions. The person must also have commercial awareness and flair with excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- You will be responsible for all pre-sales technical activities with customers and prospects. You will perform presentations and workshops with customers and prospects about Sandvine products and solutions, articulating their operational benefits and features. You must possess competitive knowledge including solution, technology and product offerings and have an understanding and be conversant about the company, solutions and product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Primary activities will include customer presentations bids and proposal coordination as well as network design. You should have proven “hands on” experience and be able to run trials and Proof of Concept tests in order to demonstrate Sandvine solutions.
- You will assist with the definition and championing of improvements in Sandvine networking systems and software solutions.
The Perks “User Experience”:
- Ability to work with some of the smartest people on the planet
- Competitive compensation plan
- Flexible working hours - in some roles work from home
- Employee development including training programs and mentorship
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- International travel opportunities- we are a global company
- You are one of the smartest people on the planet
- Degree in Engineering, Computer or Network Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of networking experience with routing products and IP related technologies
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, sub-netting, traffic flows, TCP/UDP, application layer protocols like HTTP, P2P, IM, etc.
- Installation, operation and configuration of all of the following: Cisco or Juniper routers/switches, Unix, Linux and/or BSD operating systems, firewall technologies
- Experience in virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware, KVM, …)
- Experience in Wireless data technologies (CDMA, GPRS, LTE, …)
- Knowledge of Wireless data network architecture including standards (3GPP, 3GPP2)
- Excellent troubleshooting and investigative skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and have a demonstrated ability to absorb new technologies
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
The Match-up “Benchmark”:
- 5+ years of Hardware and Software networking experience and IP related technologies
- Experience with the major CSPs in Nigeria: Etisalat, Glo, MTN, MainOne, ...
- Customer facing experience in either sales engineer or support role.
Method of Application
To apply, visit Sandvine Career Page