The Murtala Muhammed Foundation (MMF) is a non-profit organization, founded on the ideals of the Late Gen. Murtala Muhammed, a former Head of State of Nigeria (1975-76).
MMF is dedicated to improving the quality of life of Africans. The Foundation specifically focuses on engendering self-reliance and fulfillment by working tirelessly on policy and advocacy for issues that impact on ethics, equity, good governance and economic empowerment, encouraging business development, education and providing medium term disaster relief.
The Role of Program Officer
To contribute to the planning, formulation and assessment of the programs managed by the Foundation through review and analysis of program proposals, performance monitoring, program evaluation and assessment, and reporting.
The Program officer will be part of a highly efficient and motivated team. He/she will be primarily responsible for planning, formulation and assessment of programs managed by the Foundation through research, review and analysis of program proposals, performance monitoring, program evaluation and assessment and reporting.
The incumbent will assist in identifying, defining, and developing funding sources to support existing and planned program activities as well as new projects and programs.
In particular, the responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Contribute to the design and implementation of program policy.
- Provide conceptual and strategic leadership to issues of interest to the Foundation.
- Conceptualize, write, present and draft proposals on selected program issues; design and convene seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Identify and maintain ongoing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and represent the Foundation at meetings.
- Contribute to the Foundation’s over all vision and mission to promote, advocate, and reduce poverty, disaster-risk reduction as well as the overall development and strengthening of the organization.
- Strategically think and plan for development of program direction and initiatives.
- Work with other departments to ensure synergy of policy and communication efforts.
- Serve as resource on policy formation for all staffs, partners and donors.
- Strategically think and plan for development of program direction and initiatives
- Involve in planning and execution of the projects and initiatives in collaboration with MMF Team
- Develop and maintain adequate resource files and database for assigned program area
- Carry out various research project for MMF as it is required
- Work with the program coordinator and other staff members to successfully carry out their function
- Work with the Program coordinator to design and convene seminars, workshops and conferences for external training programs
- Develops in–depths knowledge of assigned areas including current issues and key resource people and organization and a clear understanding of how they fit into the foundation interest
- Develop full-scale projects plans and associated documents.
- Ensuring the Program Management Cycle is implemented in program activities
- Management of projects and programs
- Representing the Foundation with external partners
- Creating and maintaining monitoring and evaluation plans for projects and programs
- Assist in generation of proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations
- Design and preparation of fund-raising proposals and grants application
- Webinar Meetings of active and potential funders, etc
- Conduct research, policy analysis and advocacy on the thematic areas of the Foundation
- Facilitate grants ‘kick off’ meetings
- Organize events, conferences, workshops and seminars based on agreed outlook and scope.
- Ensure timely completion of training programmes according to work plan
- Network with other organizations involving in both internal and external as identified
- Organizing training programs for external vendors
- Writing reports according to established schedule and requirements
- Developing communication material (newsletters, annual reports, etc.) for distribution to donors and other stakeholders
- Developing a fundraising strategy for the organization
- Conducting mapping of institutional donors and foundations (EU, UN, USAID, DFID, etc), highlighting common priorities
- Investigating and spearheading new avenues for individual support and/or donations
- Developing a donor management tool where reports and history of donors can be easily tracked
- Analytical – synthesizes complex or diverse information, collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to complete tasks, designs work flows and procedures
- Design – Generates creative solutions, translates concepts and information into images, demonstrates attention to detail
- Problem solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in group problem solving situations
- Technical Skills – Assess own strengths and weaknesses, pursues training and development opportunities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, shares expertise with others
- Teamwork – balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views
- A bachelor’s degree and Upper credit in social development, public relations or any related discipline
- Minimum of 6 years experience working as a Program officer in a non for profit organization.
- Proven track record of revenue generation in a non for profit organization
- The ideal candidate should be outgoing, confident, persuasive communicators and have excellent writing skills.
- Program planning skills
- Must be able to give effective presentations
- Must be able to use the Microsoft suite effectively
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Research Analysis skills
Method of Application
To apply, visit MMF Career Page on LinkedIn
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale