Stanford University Global LLC is seeking qualified candidates for the Seed Transformation Program Facilitator in Accra, Ghana. The Seed Transformation Program Facilitator will deliver advising and tools necessary to transform West African business leaders and their companies. The Seed Transformation Program Facilitator enables growth and scale by providing practical, insightful and inspirational guidance to small and medium-sized business leaders and their management teams. This position reports to the Regional Manager, Seed West Africa.
Building on Stanford's decades-long history of educating innovators in Silicon Valley, Stanford Institute for Innovation in Developing Economies (Seed) is now bringing this innovative mindset and practical business training to entrepreneurs in Africa.
The 6-month-long Seed Transformation Program (STP) curriculum is customized for founders and senior leaders of high-potential small and medium-sized companies in developing economies who have the potential to, and are committed to, growing and scaling their businesses.
In 4 week long, highly interactive sessions over six months, leaders/founders will be exposed to, and deploy, tools and methodologies to help grow and transform their businesses.
In seeking transformative growth of businesses, traditional classroom learning is not enough. That is why the STP program is built to be highly interactive, and to allow leaders to both discover and apply the tools and methodologies that will help them transform their businesses.
Following each of the 4-week long curriculum sessions, leaders/founders will share their learning with their management teams through Stanford Seed facilitated workshops.Leaders and their teams will also work on projects designed to plan for the growth and scale of their companies.By the end of the 6 months, each leader/founder will complete a Transformation Capstone: a plan for growth and scale of his/her business.
The successful candidate will have responsibility to:
- Translate the intensive curriculum of value chain operations, accounting, strategy/ organizational design, finance, marketing, governance and other related fields delivered during the Stanford Transformation program (STP) into practical insight for leaders and management teams of small to mid-sized companies in West Africa
- Lead Stanford designed innovative workshops and integrate curriculum related to growth and scale on site with Seed participant leaders and their team members
- Organize and facilitate frequent Seed leader network meetings, comprising of 7-14 business leaders.
- Collaborate with Seed to maximize the impact of meetings over time and help assess program efficacy.
- Monitor productivity and progress of Stanford STP participants and evaluate performance
- Provide strategic, and pragmatic advising related to assigned projects (curriculum based) that business leaders and their teams complete and that build to a holistic plan for growth and scale of their business.
- Advise clients and provide feedback on projects to assigned company leaders.
- Manage relationship development with company leader participants.
- Utilize a tool box developed by Stanford faculty and Seed coaches, inspire and motivate company owners and leaders to develop a plan to transform their companies to the next level of success
Education and Experience
- Four-year college degree in management, business administration, economics, statistics or related field at an accredited university required. Master's degree in business, organizational design, leadership, or project management at an accredited university strongly preferred
- 7 or more years of relevant experience in a small to mid-sized business, or within a division of a large company, preferably in West Africa
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be passionate about transforming small to mid-sized companies in West Africa
- Ability to inspire others to act boldly to succeed in their chosen business or industry
- An advanced level of fluent English skills both oral and written, including active listening and interpersonal skills needed to work with a broad range of individuals
- Must have strong facilitation skills
- Advanced knowledge of West Africa culture, history and business etiquette
- Ability to remain effective under extreme pressure with multiple priorities and tight deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership skills, ability to influence and motivate communities across multiple organizational boundaries
- Highly collaborative style that encourages others to work in partnership with staff, company leaders, and their teams
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- At the time of hire must be legally authorized to work in Ghana or able to gain work authorization.
- Must comply with all visa, work authorization, and tax related laws and regulations as a condition of employment.
- Position is benefits eligible subject to applicable Ghana/US laws, regulations and Stanford University policy.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply online on Accolo
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.