Engineering Vacancy at Merit Telecoms
Posted on: 25 March, 2016
Deadline: 1 April, 2016
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Merit Telecoms
Merit Telecoms Nigeria Limited is an independent and recognized leader in providing wireless voice and data turnkey services to the telecommunication industry.
Reporting To: Programme Manager, IBS & Special Coverage
- Designing Distributed Antenna Solutions (DAS) systems providing enhanced in-building wireless coverage.
- Designing of in-building and repeater systems
- Interfacing with sales and customer representatives to determine coverage requirements and customer needs.
- Completing RF surveys at enterprise/cutomers’ locations
- Developing and analyzing RF link budgets.
- Developing project requirements, including statements of work and subcontractor contracts.
- Drafting customer proposals describing recommended coverage solutions, including lists of materials and services.
- RFP technical response support to Business development
- Requirements collection,
- System design with the use of Auto Cad
- Selection of the best DAS solution
- Wi-Fi system design, planning and implementation
- Acting as on-site Project Manager for specific projects assigned.
- Creating and following project schedules.
- Interfacing with customers and installation crews as needed to successfully complete project
- Submitting/tracking materials and equipment required for installation.
- Creating and following through change orders for customers as appropriate.
- Installing and commissioning new systems.
- Installation of Repeaters (band selective and fibre)
- Integration of DAS solutions into the macro network,
- Demonstrating proficiency in using test equipment
- Troubleshooting system and test equipment problems to satisfactory resolution.
- Working with the implementation staff to address and solve problems to customer’s satisfaction.
- Interference analysis,
- RF optimization
- Participating as an active team member of Merit ENS division.
- Working with other team members as needed to complete proposals and projects accurately and efficiently.
- Cooperating with business development representatives to address customer concerns in a timely manner.
- Promoting MERIT products and services to potential customers.
- Supervision of third party contractors.
- Transmission installation
- Microwave hardware installation & software configuration
- Fibre optics hardware installation & software configuration
- BSS (BTS hardware installation & software configuration).
- PC literacy: ability to use basic office applications, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD Lite, Outlook/Email.
- Working knowledge and able to configure and use RF and networking tools such as Site masters, spectrum analyzers, packet analyzers, Cellular/PCS Optimization test sets, TEMS Investigation, Walk-test analysis, various transmitters and receivers, protocol analyzers to conduct RF site surveys and troubleshoot real customer problems;
- Knowledge of available products and emerging industry standards (for instance UMTS, EvDo and LTE)
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills with outstanding customer interface skills working with Wireless Services providers and end-enterprise customers;
- Wireless Standards and Organizations;
- Strong knowledge of propagation modeling and tools;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prepare and professionally present analysis reports.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent working experience;
- Project management certification is an advantage;
- At least 3 years of Indoor Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) experience.
- Candidates who have worked at companies that produced Distributed Antenna Systems or have worked on Distributed Antenna Solutions at PCS/Cellular providers are very STRONGLY PREFERRED.
- Radio Technologies, Antenna Concepts and Repeater concepts;
- Distributed Antenna System (DAS) knowledge: Network Design, Installation, and Management.
- Intimate working knowledge of CDMA, TDMA, GSM, iDEN, UMTS, EvDo, Wi-Fi & LTE technologies;
- Intimate working knowledge of public safety systems/solutions and experience with the implementation of these solutions;
- Ability to travel and work at the customer site for ~50% of normal work time.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send a copy of their CV's to email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Merit TelecomsSimilar Jobs
- Enterprise Systems Developer at Babban Gona
- Graphic Designers at Lotus Beta Analytics Nigeria Ltd
- Sales Operations Manager at an International Gaming and Lottery Technology Company - WOWJobs
- Jobs at Ysidra Creative Solutions Limited
- Advanced Graphic/Brand Designer at Thinkshifts Limited
- Accountant at E-Terra Technologies Limited
- IT Interns at HollaTags Limited
- Career Opportunities at MTN Nigeria