Control Risks is a global risk consultancy specialising in helping organisations manage political, integrity and security risks in complex and hostile environments.
We are a medium sized, rapidly growing company. Since our inception in 1975, we have worked with more than 5,000 clients in over 135 countries worldwide. Our renowned expertise, the breadth of our servicesand the geographical reach of our organisation enables us to help our clients meet their challenges and realise new business opportunities across the world.
People should come to work with us because we provide real benefit tomany of the world’s leading organisations. In doing so we give our people direct responsibility, career developmentand the opportunity to work on some fascinating projects in a rewarding, diverse and enjoyable environment.
Department: Group IT
Manager: IT Service Delivery Manager, Europe & Africa
The purpose of this role is to deal with customer IT requests via telephone, email or onsite visits. The emphasis is on providing a high level of customer service and a solution in a timely manner thatmeetsthe needs of our usersand the department’s objectives. The role involves working in a busy team and would ideally suit someone with experience of working within a Technical role with good problem solving and listening skills.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing ITsupport via the telephone, remotely or on-site.
- To be part of a rota which operates a shift pattern between 08:00-18:30.
- To review, update and add solutions and fixes to the internal knowledge base.
- Responsible for providing end user training as and when required to prevent repeat calls.
- Required to contact 3rdparty suppliers for end user support.
- Image, Build & Configure a PC according to control risks standards.
- Install software requests
- Set up, activate & trouble-shoot Blackberriesand smartphones.
- Responsible for asset tagging hardware and ensuring assets are recorded within the appropriate system throughout their lifecycle
- Support Microsoft Office & in-house applications
- Assist with officemoves within departments
- Conduct new joiner inductions
- Provide IT support for meeting rooms
- Follow strict procedures for administration tasks such as new joiner, transfer and leaver process.
- Responsible for continuous feedback to the Service DeliveryManager to improve IT service.
- Responsible for filling out weekly timesheets to account for work performed
Knowledge and Experience
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Has installed the OS (Operating System) on machines
- Able to add a Printer onto a server
- Able to adjust screen settings / Desktop settings such as resolution
- Able to set up a dual monitor/docking stations
- Microsoft Office packages 2010& 2013
- Strong knowledge of utilising MS Office in a day to day environment
- Can troubleshoot common MS Office errors
- Can repair/ reinstall the MS Office suite of applications
- Remote Access/ VPN
- Trouble-shooting hardware on laptops, desktops & Printers
- Active Directory
- Can create a user account/ DL (Distribution List)
- Can add users to a DL
- Can set up permissions on a user account / DL (Distribution List)
- Handheld devices/Mobile phone support
- MS System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)oHow to deploy an image to a pcoHow to add a pc to a collection to install software
- Experience in Office 365
- Knowledge of Nasuni backup solution
- Knowledge of Mimecast
- Knowledge of and how to trouble-shoot TCP/IPissues
- Knowledge of and how to trouble-shoot DHCP issues
- Use of Solarwinds Monitoring Tool
- Support of Microsoft CRM
- Support of Microsoft Dynamics AX
Qualifications and Specialist Skills Essential
- Experience in a Service Desk or Helpdesk role.
- Qualified up to ITIL Foundation level or a graduate with a relevant IT degree.
- Natural Interest in IT and technology
- Professional, polite, able to work under pressure
- Excellent communications skills-good listener, calm manner
- Collaborative and a team player
- Ensures delivery of exceptional service to clients
- Must demonstrate a methodical and clear approach to troubleshooting problems as well as being able to make use of existing solutions
- All employees are expected to display behaviours reflective of our company values that of: Integrity and Ethics, Collaboration and Teamwork, Commitment to Peopleand Professionalism and Excellence.
Method of Application
If your qualifications, experience and aspirations match our requirements please email a covering letter and C.V. stating your current salary to: IT.Recruitment@controlrisks.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.