VANSO is a financial technology provider focused on delivering cutting edge and innovative solutions in Africa. Through our proprietary payments (MIMO), banking and messaging (VCP) platforms we deliver highly secure, world class solutions for our clients.
The Systems Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, Installation/configuration and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure for Vanso Nigeria Limited. This role will assist clients with technical issues in the Initiation and implementation phases of Vanso’s excellent business continuity efforts.
These activities include the support of operations, technical analysis in executing, testing and rolling-out messaging infrastructure, Mobile Banking Proxy servers and Two Factor Authentication (2FA) services, Participation on various projects. This individual is accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows systems that support technical Infrastructure for predominantly financial institutions; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support messaging, mobile money & smart phone application deployment.
– Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
– Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, services, settings, directories, storage, etc.
– Install and configure systems such as supports Vanso’s messaging infrastructure Applications, Mobile Banking Proxy servers and 2FA services
– Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
– Contribute to and maintain system standards.
– Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
– Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
– Deliver gateway, telco and bank operations to ensure business continuity
– Monitor, support and maintenance of sms gateway, Mobile Banking Proxy servers and 2FA services deployed to clients
– Work with Business Operations Team to complete weekly report which will include update on uptime, down time, diagnosis, incidents, support coverage, customer feedback/issues etc)
– Work with team to design FAQ manual for clients
– Conduct customer training on VANSO's application Portals
– Track queue and provide weekly queue delivery reports (this should include reason’s for Queue and feedback on resolutions)
– Maintain client help desk
– Replicate infrastructure ticketing & messaging system at banks
– Assist the team to build and document a database of common errors
– Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
– Report or update the company of new/potential business opportunities
– Participate in ad-hoc projects and performs other activities as assigned.
– Excellent written and oral communication and analytical and problem solving skills.
– Expert level knowledge of Systems Administration/System Engineering certification in Windows and Unix/Linux ES 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
– Task automation using bash scripts, python etc
– Excellent interpersonal skills, and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
– Highly self-directed, a strong individual contributor and a strong team player
– Knowledge of computer operating systems and hardware
– Knowledge of Database administration and SQL optimization on MySql, Microsoft SQLServer and Oracle database servers
– Network fundamentals, including diagnostics with Unix and Windows network tools
– Firewall configurations
– Working knowledge of complex web hosting configuration components, including Firewalls, load balancers, web and database servers
– Use of common admin utilities like curl, soapUI, wireshark etc
– Well versed in Application server configuration like: Apache web server, JBoss and PHP
– Ability to deploy, supports, and diagnose real issues for a production environment
– Knowledge of source control - Git
– Time management and organizational skills
– Ability and desire to learn new skills quickly
– Familiarity with DevOps practices like Continuous integration, Build Engineering and Release Management.
Compensation and benefits for the role is highly attractive and competitive.
We make it a point to review all application received and contact those we want to speak to further within 10 calendar days. With that in mind, if we are interested in a further discussion, you will hear from us again within 10 calendar days from the date of your application submission.
To apply, visit VANSO Career Page on OrangeHRM