VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
To lead donor engagement and proposal development in line with VSO Nigeria strategy, including the development of partnerships and consortium, writing narrative proposals and developing project budgets.
• Support Country Office to respond to funding opportunities
• Advise on, and support the development of, consortia with other I/NGOs to ensure VSO is well positioned for upcoming funding opportunities
• Ensure programme design is informed by and aligns with donor trends and national development priorities – identify additional relevant development interventions, including advocacy, and cross cutting themes as appropriate.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
• Educated to degree level in an international development-related discipline preferred.
• Experience of living and working internationally (4+ years required).
• Extensive experience in multi-sector programme design in several countries.
• Proven track record in writing winning donor proposals for donors including USAID, EC, UKAID, SIDA and UN Agencies – including proven ability to develop log frames, monitoring frameworks, and theories of change.
To apply, visit VSO Career Page