The position of the Administrative Officer will support the position of the Head of Administration. This position is responsible for following through on the day–to–day activities that will ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Country program office and sub-offices.
The Administrative Officer will be responsible for playing the role of Head of Administration in the absence of the incumbent. The Administrative Officer will be specifically responsible for: - the Country Program logistics including fleet management and clearing of goods at points of entry, office buildings and residences maintenance; - ensuring that all CRS/Nigeria assets are well maintained and functional;- review and analyze some reports generated within the Administrative Department (monthly fuel consumption reports, maintenance reports etc) and make informed recommendations to the HoA and HoOps for improvement; - develop relevant tools to research any elements of the Administrative Departments functions and make recommendations to management for improvement.
The Administrative Officer will keep the Head of Administration briefed on the status of all ongoing activities under his/her purview. The Administrative Officer will also be available to represent, support and consult on issues being handled by the Head of Administration.
a. Develop standards on the efficient use of office equipments including office and telecommunication equipment and also overseeing the maintenance contracts for this equipment.
b. Provide guidance on the use and maintenance of office equipment (generators, photocopiers etc) to maximize use and functionality.
- Will make recommendations to the head of admin on items to be disposed of and prepare list of items for auctioning when directed.
· Maintain and update the offices equipment inventory register. Physically mark all items. Add or delete items as required according to the CRS/Nigeria and the Agency’s Inventory Policy after due consultation with the Head of Administration.
- Send an updated Inventory report on assets over $5000 to HoA every quarter.
- Responsible for receiving procured items in collaboration with the Administrative Secretary.
- Will be responsible for the items in the administration store and maintain an up to date list of all items.
- Provide direct supervision to the admin secretary.
- Receive all vehicle reports from the field offices and review them.
- Provide general oversight to vehicle dispatch and allocation.
- Review log sheets and data entry into the VMS tool and the monthly reports from the pool.
- Provide regular trainings on the use of the VMS to staff in the fleet management unit.
- Coordinate with Program and Administration staff for the transportation of project materials/equipment to project partners and to the field offices where applicable.
- Ensure all required documentation and approvals are secured for such transportation
- Forward received documentation on deliveries to the Administrative Secretary for processing of payments
- Liaise directly with requestors, transporters and partners to coordinate distribution schedules.
- Receive goods received notes from the partners and delivery notes from the transporters; initiate payment process and follow up with Finance.
- Organize all necessary required labour to facilitate the movement of received goods and effectively organize the delivery of the goods to the required locations
- Will coordinate the movement of items that are donated to the office and ensure all documentation is in place for receiving or onward movement to partners where applicable.
- Advise staff/travelers on immigration requirements for in country; provide support as needed to facilitate visa processing.
- Coordinate all visa requests for staff on official assignment and provide needed support.
a. Review all reports that are generated from the vehicle log and make recommendations based on generated reports so decisions can be taken on such as; donation of fuel consuming vehicles, fuel consumption pattern that could necessitate check on vehicles, fueling station etc. geared at improving current practices and increasing efficiency.
b. Review admin policies to ensure that guidelines reflect current operational conditions and make recommendations on ways to improve efficiency and internal control measures where applicable.
Office Administration and Management
- Facilitate effective Coordination, understanding and cooperation between the administration department and the Finance/ Program Department
- Develop strategies to ensure efficient application of agency resources, minimize wastage and achieve highest standards of stewardship
- Directly supervise the building maintenance and repair for the office and residences
- Provide supervision on couriers to ensure that items documentation (for sent and received items) is carried out properly.
- Represent the Head of Administration
- Perform other duties when required.
knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Economics, Administration or Management. An MBA is preferable
- Must be a matured, motivated, problem solving individual with high levels of initiative;
- Minimum of five years relevant administrative management experience, preferably with an International Organization
- Prior experience in supervising staff in a structured work environment
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral Communication skills
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices
- Must have excellent research and facilitation skills
- Excellent people skills;
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy, and tact
- Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Office and Excel especially
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team / body
Preparation and Planning
- Consult with Head of Programing (HOP) and Head of Operations (HOOP) to identify the main types of goods and services that will be needed in near term based on the current portfolio of programs and operations, and use this to conduct regular market assessments of best sources and prices
- Proactively consult with peer agencies and private sector to identify new potential suppliers that can be added to our updated Approved Supplier List (ASL), and whenever possible develop relationships with closest source to production or importation, and explore making bundled orders with peer agencies to negotiate better prices and terms based on joint economies of scale.
- Maintains continued working relationship with local suppliers, visits stores and production facilities to ensure contract terms are respected whenever situation warrants.
- Ensure eligibility verification of all new suppliers before adding them to the approved supplier list.
- Keep abreast of any changes in governmental taxes (sales, VAT), duty fees, levies and importation procedures.
- Ensure that all procurement is done efficiently according to CRS Policy, the CRS Procurement Manual and consistent with relevant donor requirements.
- Ensure that all actions are governed by the highest standards of ethics, personal and business conduct as stipulated in CRS Policy and the CRS Procurement Manual.
- Suggest any new ideas to improve procurement efficiencies to the HOOP, and update annually the CRS Procurement Manual and support tools.
- Review all Purchase Requisitions (PRs) and verify price target that all specifications and requirements are clear and that all corresponding authorizations have been obtained.
- Ensures that all Requests for Quotations (RFQs) clearly present all specifications and requirements as stated in the PR.
- Receive and review all bids and quotations in accordance with price target and specs, and prepare quotes summary sheet.
- Organize Bid Review Committees (BRC) if needed, and ensure they follow all BRC guidelines as stipulated in the CRS Procurement Manual.
- Ensure the BRC analyzes all bids in a competitive manner and carefully considering all costs and benefits including those not presented on bids explicitly.
- Always negotiate with suppliers regarding price reductions, preferred payment and delivery terms, and shipping options when necessary.
- Ensure that all applicable purchases > $5k complete a Global Procurement Requisition Form to HQ procurement with local pricing information, and if it is determined that the best source is local then make sure to receive a Local Purchase Approval from HQ before preparing a LPO.
- Once all required steps have been completed depending on the value of the procurement, then: make the selection of the best supplier with regard to price, quality and delivery; determine payment and delivery terms; prepare the Purchase Orders (PO); and draw up contracts as needed.
- Ensure that all procurement is processed for all applicable exonerations as established in the Host Country Agreement or through Donor Agreements, and draft any exemption letters for VAT, duty and tax whenever necessary.
Record Keeping and Reporting
- Ensure proper filling of all procurement documents for recordkeeping and auditing, and maintain orderly files on active orders and post activities such as change notices, scheduling changes and partial shipments.
- Maintain an Approved Supplier List (ASL) with updated information on pricing by goods and services and performance ranking based on recent post-delivery evaluations.
- Creates vendor files with all necessary details by service category (e.g. stationery suppliers, electrical items suppliers, machine suppliers, etc.).
- Track the status of each procurement request and update management and requestors through regular Procurement Status Reports (PSRs).
- Periodically generate an evaluation report on supplier/vendor performance with recommendations based on service delivery/track record (at least every 6 months).
- Make airline bookings and reservations for all staff on official assignments.
- Explore the least cost ticket options available for staff on official duties and advise accordingly
- Coordinate and liaise with Travel agents to ensure smoothness for all booking logistics.
- Monitor and be informed on - going changes in the airline industry.
- Track and monitor closely those invoices yet to be processed for Travel Agents. Ensure accuracy and timeliness of such invoices.
- Coordinate inventorying of new items with the Administrative Assistant through the Asset Requisition Form
Hotel & Accommodation
- Make all hotel arrangements for all CRS or partner activities as requested and ensure that the bills are settled promptly after the completion of the activity.
- Make all accommodation bookings for all CRS staff as requested (in hotels where MOU are operational) and make necessary pick up arrangements for the international visitors
- Receive all requests for hotel bookings from all staff (for outside the FCT) and make such reservations for the staff and communicate/ provide feedback on this.
- Research available hotel options in states where CRS has project and share findings with the Senior Procurement Officer.
- Coordinate requests for support for workshops in hotels outside of the FCT and ensure that quotations are received and submitted to the Procurement officer for processing.
- Follow up on the payments for the hotels outside the FCT and ensure that the payment terms are adhered to for the services rendered.
Communication, Coordination and other duties
- Ensure personnel designated to receive (admin. or logistics) have as much advance notice as possible of expected delivery of goods and to be ready to prepare fully the Goods Received Note (GRN).
- Provides details of fixed assets procurements (type, quantity, supplier, price, fund/project #, name of partner, etc.) to the personnel responsible for property management.
- As needed and always respecting segregation of duties recommendations, coordinate with the administration or logistics staff personnel assigned to receive procured goods whenever there is a problem encountered with completing their established functions correctly and in a timely manner, as established in the CRS Procurement Manual: 1) verify that the goods and invoices received meet the quantity, price and specifications on the Purchase Order/Contract document; 2) complete a Goods Receiving Note (GRN) for all goods received; 3) inform the requesting personnel and the PO that their goods have been received; 4) enter the goods into inventory, and storage if needed; and 5) submit the GRN and the supplier invoice to the designated non procurement personnel responsible for conducting 3-way matching (invoice, PO, GRN) and payment request processing.
- Following segregation of duty recommendations, work with staff person(s) assigned in admin. or logistics for receiving to resolve any quantity discrepancies between PO and supplier's delivery note/waybill.
- As needed and always respecting segregation of duties recommendations, communicate with suppliers to return any damaged goods or mis‑ordered goods to suppliers, and ensure substitution or completion of goods ordered if still applicable.
- As needed and always respecting segregation of duties recommendations, coordinate with non-procurement personnel assigned to carry out 3-way matching (invoice, PO, GRN) and payment request processing whenever there is a problem encountered with completing their established functions correctly and in a timely manner, as established in the CRS Procurement Manual to make sure that these tasks are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Assist in the preparation of award letters, agreements, memos and letters as needed
- Responds to audit queries in a timely and professional manner when necessary.
- Collects information on price of goods and services whenever needed for budgeting or planning purpose.
- When necessary and within acceptable parameters expedite requisitions and orders to meet urgent operational needs.
- Ensure vigilance against fraudulent activities in all procurement processes and keep up to date with latest guidance for fraud prevention.
- Assist in advancing the use of new technologies and applications to improve procurement process efficiencies.
- Contribute to maintaining teamwork, discipline sound work relationships and productivity.
- Provides support and training on procurement management to CRS staff and partners as found necessary by management.
- Provide coverage for Senior Procurement Officer when required by workload or absence, and perform additional duties as assigned.
- Must be scrupulously honest and always foster an atmosphere of trust and integrity.
- Good computers and ICT skills, fully capable with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel and PPT), and experience conducting internet sourcing and price comparisons.
- Demonstrated ability to perform fast, efficient and cost effective procurement service while maintaining the agency's high standards.
- Good negotiator.
- Experience conducting market research.
- Good data analysis skills.
- Committed to always providing highest possible customer service.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and relationship builder.
- When necessary be able to relay ideas and concepts to partners in an accessible manner.
- BA/BSc Degree in supply and purchasing management or related field such as (logistics or administration), from recognized institution.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience is required.
- Membership in a professional purchasing organization preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken English
- Proven ability to prepare reports and maintain complete files and records.
Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.