Agricultural Job at SENCE Nigeria
Posted on: 22 March, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at SENCE Nigeria
Since our inception, SENCE has been totally focused on building a strategic, quality consulting practice. We are committed to helping SMEs succeed in a challenging and tasking environment by providing them with the support they need to survive and grow.
- Directs and coordinates workers activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, payroll, and recordkeeping.
- Liaise with farmers on management of crop production.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Monitors and controls resources
- Oversees the spending of money.
- Performs day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processes paperwork.
- Provides guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems, or process-related topics.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, selecting, hiring of new employees
- Handles performance management related issues
- Coordinates growing activities with those of engineering, equipment maintenance, packing houses, and other related departments.
- Analyzes market conditions to determine acreage allocations.
- Confers with purchasers and arranges for sale of crops.
- Records information, such as production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and prepares financial and operational reports.
- Determines procedural changes in drying, grading, storage, and shipment for greater efficiency and accuracy.
- Analyzes soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Inspects orchards and fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
- Plans and directs development and production of hybrid plant varieties with high yield or disease and insect resistant characteristics.
- Purchases machinery, equipment, and supplies, such as tractors, seed, fertilizer, and chemicals.
- Hires, discharges, transfers, and promotes workers, enforces safety regulations, and interprets policies.
- Evaluates financial statements and makes budget proposals.
- Perform any other function as required by farm owner
Skills, Experience and Qualification
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Good team building
- Ability to handle conflicts and resolution
- Good leadership skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Must be result oriented
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of business and financial sector
- Exceptional quality control analysis
- Must possess at least first in Agricultural Sciences courses or any related field
- 5-7 years experience in similar role
Method of Application
We are presently upgrading our recruitmnet site. If you meet the requirement for any of the positions listed below, kindly forward your CV to email@example.com stating the position and job opening ID as the subject of the mail.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about SENCE NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Regional Sales Manager at Ascentech Services Ltd
- Jobs at Simeon's Pivot Resources
- Job Openings at Lorache Consulting Limited
- Latest Jobs at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Sales Executives / Supervisors at AFM Recruit
- Latest Jobs at Fadac Resources
- Fund Account Officers at Integrated Corporate Services Limited - ICSL
- Confectionery Roles at Simeon's Pivot Resources