Career Opportunity at Jumia
Posted on: 22 March, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Online Sales / Marketing
View All Jobs at Jumia Nigeria
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
When you walk through the door at our headquarters in Lagos, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit.
If you are interested in breaking the status quo, creating history and being part of the team building the largest e-commerce company in Africa, then please join us!
Got what it takes to be a Jumian?
To ensure that:
- Complete, timely and accurate accounting and reporting of all bank transactions are made in accordance with International Accounting Standards.
- Internal controls around bank reconciliation are adequate, effective and functioning properly;
- All bank reconciliations are properly and effectively prepared, coordinated and supervised;
- Financial reports of banking activities are timely and accurate;
- Manage the reconciliation team to ensure that all bank reconciliation activities encompassing the preparation and review of all bank accounts, borrowings, investments and loans are conducted in an efficient and timely manner.
- Supervise the investigation and follow up of all outstanding items on bank reconciliation statements with responsible persons and team.
- Supervise the collation and analysis of data to identify anomalies and ensure relevant and timely rectifications.
- Provide monthly summary of bank reconciliations for review by the Head of Accounting.
- Verify the reliability and accuracy of bank balances in the general ledger and trial balance.
- Manage information flows to and from other areas of finance and the business to resolve reconciliation queries.
- Ensure proper back up records of reconciliation statement.
- Input in development of underlying processes, reports and systems to facilitate ongoing improvement in efficiency and quality of reconciliations processes.
- Lead, Support and allocate tasks among team members.
- Develop ongoing training for all members of the bank reconciliation team to ensure suitable skill set and ongoing personal development.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related fields.
- Membership of an internationally recognized professional accounting body e. g. ACA,ACCA e.t.c
- Knowledge of Bank Reconciliation.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Very good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Navision, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent writing skills, and ability to explain technical accounting issues to subordinates and colleagues.
- Good team player and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated competences for accuracy, attention to detail, integrity and update knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply on Taleo
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Jumia NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Key Account Manager (PromoHub) at DealDey
- CRM Marketing Lead at Jumia Nigeria
- Project Manager, Customer Experience at Jumia Nigeria
- Customer Service Rep & Fulfillment Executives at PowerHQ
- Data Insight Analyst (SQL & Excel) at Jumia Nigeria
- Data Insight Analyst at Jumia Nigeria
- Vendor Operations Associate at Jumia Nigeria
- Customer Care Service Representatives at Hubmart Stores Limited