Hobark International Limited (HIL) is an Integrated Services Company whose subsidiaries: DrillPet International Limited (DIL), Uniterm Nigeria Limited (UNL), UltiProc Nigeria Limited (UPNL), Hobark Consultant Management Services (HCMS) and Gigasecprovide Manpower Services & Logistics Support, Drilling Operations and Consultancy Services, On/OffShore Catering Services, Drilling Rigs & Drilling Bits and Procurement Services to the Oil & Gas Industry. IP security services.
Fire Risk Engineering, Fire Technology
• Strategic Vision: Create a compelling vision and set the strategy for the Company’s
• Emergency Response Services (ERS) team such that it operationalises the Emergency Response Policy and aligns with the business objectives of the company.
• IPDS: Adapt and deploy the U.K. Fire Service : Integrated Personal Development System (IPDS) to calibrate and improve professional competencies of Company’s Fire brigade, thereby embedding designated roles as mapped into the organization.
• International standards: Interpret and disseminate relevant fire safety laws, codes of practice and standards so as to assure total loss prevention and control, and deploy Fire Safety policy documents/philosophies to the operations asset teams corporately.
• Quality Assurance: Establish performance management and quality assurance systems to ensure consistency and effectiveness of ERS service delivery. Oversee quality of outsourced ERS services and provide effective governance for training and professional development of first line and auxillary emergency responders
• Fire Safety/Engineering: Plan, initiate and deploy best in class Fire Prevention and Protection schemes for Company’s assets and operational across SCiN footprint in Nigeria.
• Drills and Response Readiness: Drive a response ready culture through regular drills and exercise of credible fire emergency scenario and conduct relevant training and professional development of the ERS team so as to assure organizational effectiveness during response.
• Procedure and Guidelines: Formulate procedures and guidelines, adopting modern techniques in Fire Protection Engineering and international Fire Protection codes and standards, as may be required to mitigate potential fire and explosion hazards associated with new facility design, projects and operations and deploy across SCiN.
• Fire Appliance/Equipment Specification: Define specifications for all operational equipment, fixed and mobile fire fighting appliances and systems, materials including consumables; liaising with OEM and the Group ‘Subject Matter Experts’ specialists as required on Fire safety Engineering standards, interpret Fire codes and standards applicable to assure fire loss prevention and control/management.
• Equipment Deployment & Replacement: Develop and implement optimum deployment strategy and replacement plan for fire and emergency response appliances, including but not limited to fire appliance specifications, rescue equipment and loss prevention systems.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• High technical aptitude in Fire Risk evaluation, Systems Protection requirements, Control and containment philosophies.
• Knowledge of Fire related Pre-Incident planning, fire suppression technique, rescue and emergency techniques, including Fire Service administrative principles and philosophies, methods, and practices related to modern fire department activities.
• Working knowledge of basic principles of Incident Command System and its adaptation to Company’s ER management framework
• Good understanding of UK ‘Skills for Justice’ based Individual Personal Development System (IPDS) to provide guidance for competence development for designated roles in Company’s fire brigade.
• Ability to evaluate Fire Command courses and training programs against relevance to specific competence elements in the suite of competencies required for the various roles in the brigade and define individual develop plans for fire officers and auxillary fire fighters.
• Application of local/international fire codes, regulations and standards including technical aptitude in design and engineering drawings in relation to fixed and mobile fire protection systems in Company’s facilities.
• Knowledge of company fire and explosion strategies in the context of HSE MS, HSE case barriers and Safety Critical Elements in company facilities.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of Fire Prevention, Protection, Fixed Fire Installations, Emergency Response Planning, Disaster Management, and be able to relate with staff and third party Emergency Response Teams.
• Must have had extensive Fire fighting and Fire Command experience through training at an approved international Fire Service institution. (Divisional Command Course as a minimum). Current certification in Aviation Rescue and Fire fighting will be an added advantage.
• Strong leadership qualities, Certified through training as Divisional or Brigade Commander with a high record of integrity & consistency in decision-making.
• Development of policies and long-term strategic Fire Risk plans.
Training & Qualifications
• A Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma or its equivalent in the Fire Science, Fire Risk Engineering, Fire Technology, Disaster management or related science (or professional qualifications from the Institute Of Fire Engineers. Alternatively, evidence of mentored process of vocational development with progressive certification in core competencies of established Fire Brigade up to Divisional Command Level may be considered.
• The Job Holder shall have a minimum of 15 years Fire Service experience in industrial setting preferably Oil & Gas and should have had extensive professional training at an approved Fire Service institution in Command & Control, Fire And Explosions control and recovery operations, fire science, fire service administration, including tactical and strategic operations, and hazardous materials management.
To apply, visit Hobark Career Page