- Assist with the preparation of Annual Budget
- Prepare monthly analysis of expense and revenue and compare to budget, explaining trend and variances
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly Management accounts
- Posting and verification of transactions into the accounting system.
- Develop a system for compliance with Donor regulations.
- Support grant financial close-out process and documentation review
- Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and submission of all internal and external financial reports and budgets proposals
- Maintaining Fixed asset register and subsidiary Ledgers
- Prepare the annual financial statements
- Maintain the “Finance Policy Manual” to ensure that it continues to meet the Foundation’s objectives and ensure compliance and periodic updates
- Maintain and monitor accounting controls
- Provide institutional strengthening and capacity building support to implementing entities,
- Developing systems and tools for strengthening and tracking sub recipients financial processes identify solutions to challenges that arise.
- Execute finance and treasury activities and accounting
- Maintain bank mandates and be responsible for banking relationships
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements
- Assist with preparation of federal & state income and franchise tax returns and payments
- Assist with preparation of responses to various tax audits
- Assist with responses to notices regarding federal and state tax issue
- Assist with preparation of income tax provision and tax account reconciliation
- Provide support to auditors during audit of the annual financial statements
- Responsible for 100% completion and preparation of working papers required in the annual audit.
- Carry out the necessary post-audit adjustment required on the financial statements