Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations.Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars:
- International Development
- Strategy Execution Consulting
- Impact Investment
- Training and Events
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 counties.
Palladium is seeking a Master Trainer Consultant to train primary health care facility staff on the components of VRBFP service provision; and support the development of facility action plans. Based in Kaduna, Nigeria, the Master Trainer will receive four days of intensive training on the VRBFP approach, how to facilitate health facility-level trainings, and how to support the development of action plans. The Consultant will then travel to up to four health facilities across the state to conduct the trainings and action planning, under the direct supervision of the project’s Training Officer and Program Manager.This is a part-time position with an expected start duartion of April 2016 – August 2016, up to 40 days LOE.
- Develop skills and expertise on the VRBFP approach as well as how to facilitate training events for health personnel using a VRBFP curriculum, through a four-day Palladium-hosted training event
- Build relationships with community/religious leaders, sharing the VRBFP approach and generating buy-in for health facility personnel training events
- Execute two-day training events on the VRBFP approach—using a Palladium-designed curriculum—in up to four primary health facilities across the state, for various cadre of health personnel. Day one of the training will build skills on the VRBFP approach, and day two will focus on action planning
- Conduct post-training follow-up activities in-person, to including filling capacity building gaps through coaching and mentorship on the VRBFP approach
- Develop (in coordination with the Training Officer and Project Manager) and disseminate materials to support the implementation of facility action plans. Materials can include posters, pamphlets, job aids, and other products
- Hold regular debrief sessions with the VRBFP Project Team (Training Officer and Project Manager)
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or other related discipline from a recognized institution. Educational background in nursing, midwifery and family planning preferred
- At least 5 years of professional experience, with emphasis on training/building capacity
- Fluency in Hausa and English
- Experience with FP service delivery preferred
- Knowledge of rights-based family planning principles a plus
- Experience managing effective relationships with community and religious leaders.
- Willing and able to travel throughout Kaduna state regularly to support project activities
Method of Application
Apply on GRM Force career page