An International Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the following position:
Position Start Date: Immediately
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer designs, develops and implements a monitoring and evaluation system within assigned area. S/he gathers, analyzes, and processes complex information related to all aspects of program activity implementation. The incumbent carries out his/her work according to an established standard operating procedure for collecting data, monitoring project progress and measuring program inputs/outputs. This position will be based at Borno, with extensive travel to project sites, and the head office in Abuja.
Reporting & Supervision:
The M&E Officer will report to the M&E Manager, based in Abuja.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate weekly with M&E Manager to determine priority tasks. Ensure the state team is aware of and up to date on all M&E tasks and reports.
- Conduct site visits during the project implementation phase for each grant in assigned areas.
- In concert with the M&E Manager, develop Monitoring and Evaluation plans for field-level projects.
- Produce a “routine monitoring report” (RMR) according to an approved template for each site visit prior to the indicator verification visit.
- Accurately interpret Bills of Quantities (BoQ) and grant database file shared by head office to determine indicators according which the Officer will be evaluating projects.
- Draft “final evaluation reports” (FER) based on prescribed format after visiting a grant site for verification of indicators.
- Identify lessons learned, constraints, and project impacts based on determined theme and/or sector for inclusion in FERs.
- Share observations from monitoring visits with M&E Manager when findings demonstrate questionable actions.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Grants Office when developing impact assessments, success stories and weekly reporting.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Grants Office when additional information is needed to close grants.
- Undertake comprehensive analysis of projects based on history of site visits; present findings to M&E Manager in a concise and professional manner.
- Participate in professional training and development activities, as necessary.
- Represent the program positively and professionally in both internal and external environments.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Secondary school certificate is required; University degree in international development, social science, economics, or related field is desired.
- Two years’ experience in field monitoring, evaluation design, empirical and statistical analysis, management information systems and/or information management design is required.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Strong analytical skills are required.
- Prior experience with USAID or US Government funded projects is highly desirable.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion is required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents before 1st April, 2016:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND
- A cover letter.
Please reference the job title and location on the cover letter and resume or CV.
Alternatively, Please Submit Applications to:
PO Box # 20350
ATTN: Human Resources Office
Abuja FCT, Nigeria.
Or to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale