Pfizer - Good health is vital to all of us, and finding sustainable solutions to the most pressing health care challenges of our world cannot wait. That's why we at Pfizer are committed to applying science and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life. We strive to provide access to safe, effective and affordable medicines and related health care services to the people who need them.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
- Jobs at this level work with some support from manager/colleagues/field trainers.
- They are competent at planning and organising so as to meet business plan objectives.
- Some involvement in project work may be required.
- Promote products to designated customers in order to achieve territory plan objectives.
Product Promotion & Sales:
- Effective selling skills.
- Achievement of territory plan objectives.
- Call rate
- Coverage and frequency.
- Market Share cf National Average
- Change in Market Share cf National Average.
- % growth in Market Share cf National Average.
- Special event’ meetings.
- Build relationships with target customers to enhance territory knowledge to gain product endorsement to generate sales.
- Customer rapport.
- Coverage and frequency.
- Up to date customer records.
- Development of key opinion leaders.
- Hospital referral patterns.
- Distributor information and support
- Coordination with distributor reps to ensure timely pick up and supplies of orders from customers.
- Timely response to customer queries on product / medical information and other activities relating to company and own duties.
- Diagnosis of situation of territory e.g. local politics, PCG’s, local initiatives leading to subsequent design and implementation of territory business plan to achieve business objectives.
Business Planning and Management:
- Production of workable business plan with objectives.
- Business plan implemented/updated as necessary.
- Achievement of objectives outlined in plan.
- Demonstration that territory knowledge has been acted on.
- Feedback to Team and Head Office of relevant competitor activity or local issues to ensure appropriate action can be taken.
- Competitor knowledge/activities and products, campaigns - key issues identified and fed back.
- Local situations are known e.g. political, formularies, budgets, PCG’s, new developments.
- Parallel trade and fakes report in line with the agreed standards and time lines to the regulatory department.
- Adverse event monitoring and reports.
- Liaise with territory team members to share information, motivate and support team members and therefore contribute to the generation and delivery of the business plan.
- Team rapport.
- Achievement of shared business plan objectives.
- Feedback - team members, trainer, manager (giving & receiving).
- Effective communication.
- Sharing of appropriate information.
- Good territory management e.g. sharing/exchanging meetings and appointments.
- Taking on territory team responsibility e.g. minutes at meetings.
- Assistance of new reps to gain quick knowledge of processes and market dynamics as well as reports during the period of field training.
- Proactively implement/update personal development plan in order to develop self further within current role or prepare for any future roles.
- Development of skills, knowledge and competency.
- Receiving and act on feedback from team members, trainer, managers.
- Commit to improvement in It skills through active sharing and learning from other colleagues and supervisors to enhance timely responses to feedbacks and completion of online quizzes and training as required while minimizing inappropriate usage of company laptop and accessories.
- Good driving skills and adherence to traffic rules to limit cases of vehicle accidents or incidents and maximize maintenance costs.
- Ensure territory and administrative systems/processes are maintained and updated to ensure an accurate record of territory is available at all times.
- Accurate, timely reports.
- Expenses submitted on time.
- Weekly monthly itinerary and clinical meeting plans and preapproval forms.
- Up to date territory records.
- Computer literacy e.g. Power point, Excel, Word, outlook etc.
- Maintain any company equipment in representatives care.
- State of car.
- Orderly boot stocked with correct items.
- Security - computer/literature not on display in the car.
- Equipment maintained in good working order.
- Condition of returned equipment.
Skills, Knowledge; Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Biological Sciences; preferably Pharmacy or Medicine.
- Promoted product knowledge.
- Knowledge of relevant therapeutic areas.
- Basic Information Technology [I T] Knowledge.
- Basic selling skills.
- Impact and Influence (3) - Takes actions to persuade.
- Honesty and Consistency (3) - Takes actions which are consistent with Values and Beliefs.
- Teamwork and Co-operation (3) - Solicits input from other teams.
- Planning and Prioritising (3) - Makes monthly/quarterly plans.
- Initiative (3) - Thinks and acts ahead.
- Interpersonal sensitivity (2) - Listens to what people say.
- Flexibility (2) - Changes tasks willingly.
- Drive for results (2) - Takes action to achieve goals or targets.
go to method of application »
The Trade marketing Lead acts as "Change Agent" and will be responsible for the following:
- Identify local strategic opportunities and challenges for retail/trade marketing
- Collaborate closely with Country Portfolio Leads (CPL) to include retail chapter for brand plans and develop brand/Therapeutic Area (TA) strategies
- Develop trade marketing tactics and programs
- Collaborate with Retail & Distribution Manager to ensure brilliant execution of trade marketing tactics and programs
- Act as change agent for retail in NEAR markets, master the “retail/trade marketing communication” to ensure full transparency
- Be the "Change Agent" for NEAR countries: ensure capability build-up and targeted service to achieve strategic retail objectives in the region
- Convince countries of the opportunities of trade marketing at point of Sale and drive NEAR trade marketing strategies and tactics
- Focus on Top 5 markets but support markets according to their individual need, provide trade marketing material/training etc.
- Support NEAR in developing retail chapters for country and brand Operating plans
- Collaborate with regional and country stakeholders to embed “success in retail”
- Align with regional team on regional/local retail opportunities/challenges, set priorities
- Collaborate with CPL to influence inclusion of trade marketing as a growth driver for main T.A (Cardiovascular, Pain , Anti-infective and Men & Women/ Specialty).
- Collaborate with sales managers and commercial team to execute trade marketing programs at the point of sales and generate insights/analysis from implementation
- Collect market level insight and share knowledge with Retail center
- Consolidate market insights, develop market-specific solutions (share best practices)
- Track results of trade marketing programs and capability build-up
- Track individual program & tactic/market performance and its evolution
- Monitor capability development in markets, support via coaching and track progression
- Develop quality relationships and insights with new and existing customers – be “customer obsessed”
- Report to Marketing Director
- Provide insights on NEAR trade marketing reality
- Be accountable for execution of agreed programs & tactics and responsible for budget allocated
- Alignment on business priorities, trends and challenges
- Trade marketing Lead to provide strategic advice and coaching with regards to “trade marketing” issues
- Ensure effective alignment with Customer Service Colleagues – “one retail team”
- Align on roles and responsibilities, i.e. focus on sell-out and sell-in
- Fine-tune retail chapter in brand plans: Collaborate with CPL
- Align on strategic priorities in NEAR : focus on defined top markets and key retail personality brands
- Provide promotional materials to be expedited in NEAR markets
- Ensure execution of retail programs, foster local retail creativity: collaborate with CPLs and Retail & Distribution Manager.
- Facilitate tracking of performance
- Instill a retail KPI mindset in the relevant teams/for relevant brands, i.e. add these KPIs to their performance judgment
- Based on defined retail KPIs (switch, Numeric Distribution and Weighted Distribution) - monitor and interpret results and take action
- Advance local capabilities are being built-up
- In collaboration with Global Commercial Operation and Customer Service Colleagues, develop, offer and implement necessary training to enhance “retail capabilities”
Education and Experience
- Education: First degree required; MBA an advantage
- Pharmaceutical or FMCG industry experience within the area of Marketing or Trade Development
- 5-10 years relevant trade/customer marketing experience that can be applied in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Trade marketing expertise in independent channels beneficial
- Experience in large organizations and highly regulated industries
- Experience in influencing without direct/formal authority
- Experience in cross-cultural environments, flexibly adapts
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Strong collaborator, strong Customer Relationship management
- Analytical ability and skilled in Excel
- Business Acumen: Budget management, strong analytical/financial skill set (e.g. development of financial business cases), strategic thinking
- Project management skills: Identifies best practices and prioritizes need for action (focus on critical/value-generating projects)
- Flexibility in managing time zone differences in region and travel requests
- Clear understanding of channel economics
Method of Application
To apply, visit Pfizer Career Page
Note: As soon as Page opens, Click on Search.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale