APM Terminals is one of the largest container terminal operators in the world. We continue to actively develop and invest in new projects and opportunities in ports and terminal management. In terms of the future, we are determined to stay at the forefront of our industry by providing value-adding e-business solutions, customer relations management and innovative use of technologies.
We are currently looking for an individual who share our commitment to providing services that are second-to-none.
Job Title: Plant (Reach stacker and Empty Handler) Operator
Location: Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria.
The position reports to Land side Shift Manager
- Operate the Reach stacker.
- Empty Handler for receiving / loading / Shifting in the stack / house keeping activity for containers to and from the yard for vessels operations or serving the land side customers for deliveries etc as per work order queues in a safe manner.
- Operates reach stackers, empty handlers, for receiving / loading / shifting containers in the yard for vessels and yard operations.
- Inspects equipment at beginning of shift to ensure that all of the parts are operating properly.
- Identifies and reports any safety problems, malfunctions, or damage to yard handling equipment, before, during or after the shift.
- Follows safe operating procedures and instructions, preventing any injury to persons, or damage to containers and other equipment and property.
- Carries out duties and tasks in an efficient, productive manner.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- First School Leaving Certificate
- One to two years of heavy vehicle driving or similar work experience in a commercial environment.
- Must have understanding of operating heavy vehicles.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Requires Basic English language skills.
- Physically fit and able to pass full medical examination.
- Good eyesight and hand eye coordination.
- Understands and observes safety requirements for driving heavy vehicles within a disciplined environment.
- Priority will be given to existing Terminal Truck Drivers.
- Self motivated
- Analytic and systematic
- Requires the ability to follow instructions & plan the work day.
- Required to keep work area organized, neat and efficiently planned (5S).
- Requires the ability to learn fast.
- Must be safety conscious.
- A truly international working environment in a modern working location
- Value and team-based leadership
- An open and engaging working environment
- A wide range of international career opportunities
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
- Competitive compensation packages
Deadline: 17th September, 2012
Please apply through the job portal and ensure to upload/attach a recent CV . For all internal applications please note that HR will contact your local HR to request for your staff card upon receipt of your application.
We do not make use of recruitment agencies. Only CVs received through our job portal will be attended to.
Kindly note that suitable applications will be reviewed from time to time within the two weeks. Therefore, we encourage prompt response from applicants.
Teniayo Theresa Araba on firstname.lastname@example.org